Fox IFP-R (QS3) 13" - install issue

HDCJ

Sep 13, 2020
I put Fox Shock IFP-R QS3 my '17 SG last night, and the sag simply isn't right. I'm 180# and on setting 1, I'm only getting .5 inches of SAG - a buddy of mine sat on it who's 240 lbs, and he only got another .25. These are the standard suspension version. At level 1 I should have 1" of SAG (per the documentation- 11 7/8-12 1/8... today at 12.5" - net, frustrated that it isn't within spec and not taking full advantage of the 800$ purchase. Anyone else have issues with them? I have Fox on my Triumph T120 and they are amazing so thought I would bring some of that magic to my HD.Any suggestions is helpful.

Thanks,

CJ

I dont own fox shocks, but what do you mean by setting 1? Are you talking about the rebound adjustment dial? Or did you set the sag by using the spring adjustment?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

To make it easy without explaining. I would go to you tube and search "setting sag" the legend video should apply to setting sag on the fox shocks. Just stick to foxs sag recommendations and not legends

Good advice. I think it just may be tighter and need a break in...I did your method (same as with Legend) and at 1 (which is just the setting on the coil that maps to my weight, it's just firm .5" sag). I'll ride it a couple hundred miles and see if it relaxes a bit. Odd. The Legend video is great though for their products.

Update

Update

To make it easy without explaining. I would go to you tube and search "setting sag" the legend video should apply to setting sag on the fox shocks. Just stick to foxs sag recommendations and not legends

Update: I just rode 75 miles two-up and what a smooooth ride and diff. It’s still off a little, but sag dropped .25” after that short period and I’m just barely off spec.... my guess is another 200 mile break in and they will be dialed in. I think suspension is the best upgrade you can make assuming your seat is comfy. CJ

Edit.... good to hear your getting it sorted out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave