FP3 good for engine upgrade?

BlkDragon

Jul 20, 2015
Anyone using FP3 with piston/cam upgrades on their 103 V-twins? Does V&H has maps for engine performance upgrade or just bolt on parts and maybe cam upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

I went with the power vision and it can do what you want on the up grades
if you get one I would get it from fuel moto /one of the sponsors here/
when you purchase from them they will provide the tunes you need as you add or change parts at no charge
if you let them know of any changes you have all ready made when you order the tuner they will have a map loaded to cover them
then all you need to do is flash the bike when you get it
call them and ask questions they are more than happy to help you
from my experience with them you can't go wrong using their service
also if you make future changes to the bike they will supply a new map at no charge
mule

Thanks, but since I already have FP3 I want to know if it can handle piston/cam's upgrade....??? Don't want to spend unnecessary $$$ if I don't have to. I have used Dynojet product before and I have nothing but good thing to say about it.

I think FuelMoto offer package deals on performance upgrades with tuner, I will look into it.

I also heard FP3 can be reset to factory setting for another bike to use if I pay small fee to V&H....is that true.....anyone?

Thanks!

Well, I was looking around on FuelMoto website and found this so that answers my question to if it can be used for performance upgrade other than exhaust/air intake......

FP3FuelMoto.PNG

Last edited:
997465355e01794f49778de9580de4ea.png

I found this in the frequently asked questions section of the fp3 app.

2012 Street Glide FLHX in Big Blue Pearl
Fuel Moto Jackpot 2-1-2 header
Ness Big Sucker
CFR slip-ons
Vance and Hines FP3

Don't use a canned map for big bore and cam.
Consult with the guy running the dyno in your area to see which tuner he likes to use.

Thanks Motoman74, I remember seeing that as well...I have reached out to V&H to be sure...so I will update with what they have to say.

My local shop that I take my bike to told me they are not familiar enough with FP3 but they can probably reach out to V&H and make it work after the piston/cam's upgrade, if not I can always switch to Dynojet tuner, it'll be nice if I can continue to use FP3 if not I will have to get what'll work to gain the best performance after spending all that $$$$

Aviator is correct. Though the FP3 is a great little auto tuner especially when compared to the HD unit, The Mastertune TTS is aptly named as it allows many more options over the FP3. For a stock engine like mine, the FP3 is more than ample but if you're going big engine mods, the TTS is even better!

Why TTS and not Dynojet?

More personal choice I think but there's advantages and disadvantages with each one. The PV is easier to use and you don't need a dyno but I think the TTS is more precise...mainly because of the dyno. And if you plan on doing some heavy hitting later with engine mods, then you'll be better off with the TTS.

More personal choice I think but there's advantages and disadvantages with each one. The PV is easier to use and you don't need a dyno but I think the TTS is more precise...mainly because of the dyno. And if you plan on doing some heavy hitting later with engine mods, then you'll be better off with the TTS.

First thanks for the info......

What do you mean "And if you plan on doing some heavy hitting later with engine mods"? I am doing 107/110 upgrade with cam, any other heavy engine mod beside those?

First thanks for the info......

What do you mean "And if you plan on doing some heavy hitting later with engine mods"? I am doing 107/110 upgrade with cam, any other heavy engine mod beside those?

No, thats what I mean. Major engine mods will require use of a dyno with your tuner. Even though the FP3 will do the job, and do it fine, the TTS is more on the professional level. IMHO.....

No, thats what I mean. Major engine mods will require use of a dyno with your tuner. Even though the FP3 will do the job, and do it fine, the TTS is more on the professional level. IMHO.....

I hear ya.....the shop that's doing the mods for me is very much familiar with Dynojet product as they are mainly setup for that but I am sure he can do TTS also.....I will check with them. Shop get stuff from FuelMoto so I am thinking whatever the kit works well with is what he'll recommend......

Bike should be going into the shop either this week or next week for this major upgrade....can't wait to get it completed and Dyno tuned.

I hear ya.....the shop that's doing the mods for me is very much familiar with Dynojet product as they are mainly setup for that but I am sure he can do TTS also.....I will check with them. Shop get stuff from FuelMoto so I am thinking whatever the kit works well with is what he'll recommend......

Bike should be going into the shop either this week or next week for this major upgrade....can't wait to get it completed and Dyno tuned.

Yes, if the shop is familiar with a particular tuner, its probably better to go with their recommendation.
The shop I went with uses Mastertune TTS. I plan on upgrading my motor later but wanted to know what the stock motor would get with just a tuner.

In California, from my understanding, none of those companies will ship a tuner to an individual.

Yes, if the shop is familiar with a particular tuner, its probably better to go with their recommendation.
The shop I went with uses Mastertune TTS. I plan on upgrading my motor later but wanted to know what the stock motor would get with just a tuner.

In California, from my understanding, none of those companies will ship a tuner to an individual.

Wow, get out of CA....LOL!

Spoke to the shop and he highly recommend Dynojet and gave me some reasons to why Dynojet and not others.

Bikes going in tomorrow and should be done in 2 weeks....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469