FP3 not decel popping but other???

wellsjj

Apr 18, 2016
2014 SGS, VH dresser duels, twin slash slip-ons, FP3 tuner. I have done several AT sessions and finalized.

I am getting a load bang when I am in neutral or clutch pulled in and I burrp the throttle. It is not when the engine is coming back down from the rev. Like a decel popping. So if I am in a parking lot and traffic is stop and go. So I am on a slow roll with clutch. I hit the throttle to get rev up a little with clutch in and it will BANG. Unless I am confused this is not a decel popping some thing else? I have tried messing with the FP3 on adjusting to the different firecracker settings. but not sure if one firecracker is to get less popping or is it meant that there less auto correct made to stop the popping. Or maybe this is not even my problem.
Bike runs good other that this. I have scared the **** out of people when this thing Pops (bangs). once I stop laughing. I start wondering what is going on.
Any thoughts on this????

Reload your factory map and see if the problem follows. If so you have other issues. If not-contact V&H.

I once asked V&H about the decel correction, and they told me 1 firecracker means you are only getting minor decel and only need minor correction. 3 firecrackers means you have bad decel and need more correction. If that makes sense. Please post if they tell you something different. Their tech support guys are excellent to work with. Theres a guy Diego from the California group that was very friendly and helpful. They all are but this guy seemed to have quite a bit of knowledge about the FP-3.

I once asked V&H about the decel correction, and they told me 1 firecracker means you are only getting minor decel and only need minor correction. 3 firecrackers means you have bad decel and need more correction. If that makes sense. Please post if they tell you something different. Their tech support guys are excellent to work with. Theres a guy Diego from the California group that was very friendly and helpful. They all are but this guy seemed to have quite a bit of knowledge about the FP-3.

Well that helps with the understanding of how it works thanks
I am a little confused though. I would not consider this decel popping. Maybe I am wrong. This does it when I hit the gas, Not all the time though.

Sounds like you have a different problem? If your on the gas that wouldn't be considered decel piping...??

same thing was happening to mine, more of a backfire than decal pop. it drove me crazy, after months of working with V&H customer service trying different maps and auto tunes. I took it to my mechanic and he found 2 exhaust leaks, fixed them and it all stopped. I would look there.

RJA how did they find exhaust leak?? the motor up front is so loud that it is hard to tell if there is a leak. lol
I did a full exhaust so their could be a leak some where. Just not sure the best way to look for it.
Thanks

I could never find a leak, I tried cigar smoke, soapy water, nothing work. I was convinced the exhaust was fine, but they found 2 leaks 1 at the crossover pipe underneath and the other at the head pipe to the rear jug. I'm not sure what they used to figure it out but it was the best $75 I ever spent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469