FP3 too lean?

baldman

Dec 18, 2014
2015 SGS. Stage 1, stock headers with cat, Rush slip ons with 2.5' baffles.
I mapped with the FP3, called V&H and got their recommendation for a base map, then ran auto tune for a bit.

I have now had 2 left side slip ons yellow at the point they attach to the header. The first I thought was my fault, I didn't get it quite right and there was a small leak at the clamp. This one I made sure to mount correctly, and checked for leaks with light and smoke, al passed. Yet the yellow is back.

Could the FP3 be mapping too lean? I'm getting close to losing the stock header for a better set up, but I don't want to drop a grand or more on a system and then have the muffler yellow again!

I don't see how the FP3 would make it too lean, especially after running an autotune. Did you check with V&H to see if they could recommend another download or even send you another download? Does the bike seem like it's running lean? Backfiring, hot, etc?

2015 SGS. Stage 1, stock headers with cat, Rush slip ons with 2.5' baffles.
I mapped with the FP3, called V&H and got their recommendation for a base map, then ran auto tune for a bit.

I have now had 2 left side slip ons yellow at the point they attach to the header. The first I thought was my fault, I didn't get it quite right and there was a small leak at the clamp. This one I made sure to mount correctly, and checked for leaks with light and smoke, al passed. Yet the yellow is back.

Could the FP3 be mapping too lean? I'm getting close to losing the stock header for a better set up, but I don't want to drop a grand or more on a system and then have the muffler yellow again!
hi...may i know your product part#? 66005 or 66005A?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

The "A" version is for California emission standards so it will run leaner.

hi...may i know your product part#? 66005 or 66005A?

I checked the app interface and didn't see where I could pull that, so I'll get it for you tonight. But I am a CA resident, so odds are in favor of A

Hey Baldman

I recently changed my stock mufflers on my 16 SG for V&H twin slash round slip ons and replaced my air cleaner with Arlen Ness big sucker stage 1.

Used my FP3 to install a tune from the library, tune number 16T1033500. Results = perfect!
No yellow pipes, no decel popping, incredible throttle response, not running hot.

Not sure why this yellowing is happening, but if you contact V&H, they may have some suggestions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469