freedom sheilds 6 inch winshield

iron mule

Mar 11, 2017
hey guys just wanted to give you all some info about this product

I ordered and installed a freedom shield 6 inch medium tint on my 16 SGS

it is wonderful air flow is over my head no buffering
top of shield is just right to look over
if for some reason I need to hunker down and look thru it the tint is light enough to see thru

this shield is very well made all edges are polished smooth no distortion fit is perfect
check out their website freedomshields.com

but call them when you order they will ask you several questions as to your height inseam arm length bike seat riding style to make sure you get the right windshield
on top of that it will be shipped with a plastic covering and you will be encouraged to install it with the covering on and ride to make sure it meets what you wanted if not you can send it back for a replacement as long as the covering is in tact
thanks hope this will help some looking for a good windshield
one thing I forgot this shield is thicker than most and there is no flex going down the rode
also the prices are more than reasonable
mule

hey guys just wanted to give you all some info about this product

I ordered and installed a freedom shield 6 inch medium tint on my 16 SGS

it is wonderful air flow is over my head no buffering
top of shield is just right to look over
if for some reason I need to hunker down and look thru it the tint is light enough to see thru

this shield is very well made all edges are polished smooth no distortion fit is perfect
check out their website freedomshields.com

but call them when you order they will ask you several questions as to your height inseam arm length bike seat riding style to make sure you get the right windshield
on top of that it will be shipped with a plastic covering and you will be encouraged to install it with the covering on and ride to make sure it meets what you wanted if not you can send it back for a replacement as long as the covering is in tact
thanks hope this will help some looking for a good windshield
one thing I forgot this shield is thicker than most and there is no flex going down the rode
also the prices are more than reasonable
mule
Thank you for providing such a detailed post on freedom shields! I've owned my 14 SGS and have been researching windshields for about three months. Been torn between them and the Klockwerks, but haven't cared for the aesthetics of the KW.

Do you ever ride two-up? How's the wind for your passenger if you do?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

hey static crowbar
sorry I do not ride two up so I can not help you on that
put in a few miles today and still amazed at the difference the new shield makes over the stock one
had a lot of people see it and comment about how it looks on the bike and as to how there is no distortion when looking thru it
give freedom a call and talk with them
mule

hey static crowbar
sorry I do not ride two up so I can not help you on that
put in a few miles today and still amazed at the difference the new shield makes over the stock one
had a lot of people see it and comment about how it looks on the bike and as to how there is no distortion when looking thru it
give freedom a call and talk with them
mule
I appreciate the response and the feedback! The distortion free viewing is another concern of mine: the wind splitterfrom Harley had TERRIBLE distortion.

Enjoy the ride, Mule!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I installed a Freedom windshields on my 17 SGS
7" with dark tint. I couldn't be more happier with my purchase.

Mule and Nut how tall are you??

hey ghost
I am 5-9 with 32 in inseam
if you are thinking about getting the freedom shield
call them they will ask you a lot of questions like height // type of bars you have// type of seat //to determine the height of shield you need
best of all it is shipped with a protective coating and you are encouraged from them to mount it before take the coating off to make sure it fits you
ride the bike mine was clear enough with the coating that I could see thru it if a needed to
if not satisfied call them they will take it back as long as the coating was not removed
very good people to do business with
mule

Great info Mule,

I am about to order the 6" Freedom Shield for my 16 SG. As I'm in Australia, it's not so easy to send back if it's not right, so your post has given me the info I need.

I'll order it and see how it goes.

I have a 7" Freedom & love it. Quality is the best I have found after trying different brands.

Attachments

• 7inch.jpg
    7inch.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Received my 6" Freedom Shield from the US. Brilliant.
The screen does not vibrate like the OEM one, and I get little of no buffeting at 110 km/h.
And it looks good as well. Very happy with Freedom Shields.

IMG_2452.jpgIMG_2451.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77