Freedom Shields

bigsixman

Nov 1, 2015
I am new to this excellent site and I researched the various windshield posts on this forum. I liked the reviews and the forum posts about the various windshield suppliers and their products and rider impressions.

I just pulled the trigger on a 8" Freedom Shield for my 2009 Street Glide. I was impressed with John and I look forward to receiving it next week.

Welcome to the fun. That's what happens here everybody helps each other without drama. After you try your shield give us a review.

I will do that TomA, I just received an email that it was shipped today and scheduled for a Wednesday delivery.

I am amazed at the amount of good useful information in on this site and I am very glad that I ran across it.

I have freedom shield 7" and love it... I also bought a clearview lg shield in clear for long trips.. It's also a quality shield but I feel the freedom shield does an over all better job and I can see over and it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received my Freedom Shield 8" dark gray windshield today. Fast service, excellent packaging and the shield appears to be first class.

It went on in about 3 minutes following the enclosed instructions. I like the perfect fit and the polished edge is a plus.

I am sure that there are many good brands and styles of HD windshields out there and Freedom Shields is certainly one of them in my opinion.

Put a 7" dark tint on a while back - nice still pocket of air with no buffeting! Great product and can see over it. Because it's thicker, you have to lift it a fraction when you tighten the screws as there's a lip on the HD fairing it hits slightly, so there is a tiny gap (on left and right sides) between inner and outer fairing - but I'm just being picky! With it adjusted right, you can push the rubber strip out a little and it closes up fine.

Also have a 9" clear for winter- goes perfectly with the Ultra seat I picked up!

Happy customer.

Longrideshield had 60% off on Veterans day so for that price was worth investigating their 7" ultra elite curve. I'll give feedback when it comes in.

Just ordered my 9" Freedom Shield in dark gray.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Be sure to tell us how you like it after you get some miles with it on your bike.

I have a 8" Freedom Shield on my 2009 SG and I am very pleased.

I believe I got the 6" and couldn't be happier. No wind bouncing my head around or taking my sunglasses off. Highly recommended.

798a77897451cd816cfa9b5875d8ccc4.jpg

I am 6' tall and ordered the dark 9" shield. Man, I love it! Nice and solid. Polished high quality edges. Fits perfect. No buffeting from the wind. Fast as you want to go, with wind noise cut pretty much out. Fast shipping also. Very satisfied.

I am 6' tall and ordered the dark 9" shield. Man, I love it! Nice and solid. Polished high quality edges. Fits perfect. No buffeting from the wind. Fast as you want to go, with wind noise cut pretty much out. Fast shipping also. Very satisfied.
Have you changed your seat? And can you post a picture? Looking to buy one just trying to take some of the guess work out.

2015 Street Glide Special

Hey guys, I just picked up a 2016 street glide special and I need help!
The wind buffitting and turbulence is so bad I can't ride past 50 mph. I'm pretty much sold on picking up one of these freedom shields, probably a 9", but I wanted to ask you guys first.
I REALLY do not want a huge shield on this bike! I demoed a HD 10" wind splitter shield and it didn't help at all. Are the freedom shields better than the HD wind splitters?
Do you think a 6'3" rider could get away with a 7" shield? I have a low profile solo seat on the bike so it's a bit lower than the stock seat.
Any info you guys could give will be greatly appreciated! If I can't fix the the buffiitting problem on this bike, I'm definitely going to get rid of it. Hopefully
I can fix the problem before I lose a ton of money! Lol

I'm about 6'2" and have the 8" freedom shield and completely satisfied with it when using the stock seat. It is a tad short when i use my Sundowner 2up seat but still WAY better than the stock shield.

Wind Deflectors on the forks will cut down majority of the buffeting that comes from under the batwing and up along the gas tank.

Hello,
can you tell my your height, if the 6" fits good for you ? (sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany).
Greetings Gerd

Hello,
can you tell my your height, if the 6" fits good for you ? (sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany).
Greetings Gerd

Welcome to the site!

I am 6'1" and I have the 7 inch Freedom shield and it works well. I tried the 6 inch, but had to return it. Since returns are more challenging for you, try to call John at Freedom. He can help you decide the right height.

Nothing but good things to say about John and Freedom Shields. He was excellent to work with, and helped me select a 7" dark tint for my black '18 SGS. I had been using a 7" wind splitter that I had been relatively happy with, but not great on long highway runs. I ordered a Klockworks 7" on Amazon, but returned it immediately, as it was thin and flimsy imo, and seemed to make the fairing shake a little. I heard that the Freedom shields were thicker and sturdier, and that turned out to be correct. I installed it and went for a run. It seems to do a little better job with the wind than the wind splitter. Not a "ton" better, but definitely noticeable. Most of my riding is local so I put the wind splitter back on because I think it looks cooler, but I am keeping the Freedom Shield, as it was not that expensive, and will definitely re-install for all "planned" long runs in the future. I would definitely recommend the Freedom Shield.

I have used the LRS 10" for a year now. Today i cut 1" off of it in hopes of getting better vision. Its smoked so early mornings, nighttime, or cloudy days are not ideal. Love the wind blocking on this shield and hope that my modification doesn't mess with it. By shaving 1" off (the bottom) i should be able to see over the top a couple of car lengths out, while sitting normally. I'm 5' 11" tall.

Update: Much better vision as i can see over the shield at all times. Wind is a little more turbulent but still within acceptance for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77