Freedom Shields

tderksen1971

Jun 19, 2019
After looking at several forums and trying to decide on a new windshield for my 2018 FLHXS I decided to try the windshields from Freedom Shields. http://freedomshields.net

John is great to work with, as everyone predicted. Sometimes, emails are a little slow, but I figure I'm not the only customer they have.
I was shipped a 7" touring and a 8" standard. Both came with their warranty that I could return if not happy as long as I keep the protective film on.

I am 6' tall and my passenger is 5'7". The 7" touring is a great windshield. I like how it flows with the Batwing fairing, so much better than the Harley 10" windsplitter. Because Freedom Shields are a little straighter than the Harley model, 7" isn't the full 3" shorter than the HD 10". However, being 6' tall, I think the 8" would be better.

This morning I tried the 8" standard shield. The height was great. I could still look over it, but if I needed to, I could tuck in behind it. I noticed a lot more wind than with the touring shield.

I look forward to receiving an 8" touring windshield.

I have a 5" Freedom Shield, it's thicker and far superior quality to HD's Windsplitter. It works most effectively with the vent open.

I'm also running the 5" freedom Shield,at 5'6" it's about right for me.
The Freedom shields are also optically correct so there is no distortion looking through the shield
I have looked through the windsplitter shield and because of the way they are formed there is plenty of distortion,which doesn't impress me one bit.

Freedom Shields are fantastic. I'm running an 8” dark on my 2021 SGS and love it. Great product and great people to deal with. I ordered the 7” and was having second thoughts so I called them and they recommended the 8” and it was perfect. Eliminated all the buffeting. They are also optically correct and that makes a huge difference.
dc981befbe1165a9fb7a2e111f151d43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandon1165