General Motorcycle Etiquette question

Shawkpilot

Jul 17, 2012
You pull into a parking lot and notice that there is a motorcycle with its kickstand sinking into the blacktop because it's so hot. You look around and cannot find the owner, or anyone who knows anything about the motorcycle. You also know that if you crush a pop can and slide it under the kickstand that you will save the guys ride from impending doom. Do you fix the bike or follow the mantra "hands off my bike"?

I myself crushed the can. I did not leave a note or anything, just hoping that the good karma follows me around a while. What would you do?

I would have done the same, good on you. Anyone who would get mad at you for that is a jackass. Side note, one I am not proud of, I came out of the grocery store a couple months ago to find a lady with my helmet in her hand, I approched with a stupid attitude and used some poorly chosen words. Turned out she was simply returning it to my bike after a gust of wind had caught it and sent rolling across the parking lot. I felt lower than whale poop after she told me what had happened. Lesson learned, most people really are good!

Yeah man, I find most times people just want admire your ride and not mess with anything. I too would have done the same thing.

Now I do remember attending a small rally and a family from another country visiting thought is was a good idea to take turns sitting on and taking pictures on this guys prize possession. Luckly he did not see them or I'm sure it would have a been a misunderstanding!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yep, I was at a rally and 5 Indian boys (from India ) were taking turns sitting on bikes and taking photos. I gently suggested they sit on my bike for photos. That it was Better looking. :D:D:D

You pull into a parking lot and notice that there is a motorcycle with its kickstand sinking into the blacktop because it's so hot. You look around and cannot find the owner, or anyone who knows anything about the motorcycle. You also know that if you crush a pop can and slide it under the kickstand that you will save the guys ride from impending doom. Do you fix the bike or follow the mantra "hands off my bike"?

I myself crushed the can. I did not leave a note or anything, just hoping that the good karma follows me around a while. What would you do?

except for one problem, security system. move his bike upright any and alarm/siren goes off. just sayin. but id be thinking of doing the same and chance it.

except for one problem, security system. move his bike upright any and alarm/siren goes off. just sayin. but id be thinking of doing the same and chance it.

If the owner were to "catch" you, it would be easy enough to point out the hole in the blacktop. If he is not appreciative, then he's clearly got his own problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StreetRider1913