Handlebar Help

Yves

Sep 19, 2017
I’ve read every thread possible pertaining to handlebars. Unfortunately, trying out new bars seems to be a difficult task. I’ve been to 4 Harley dealerships and opportunities have been few. I’m planning on attending the motorcycle show in DC hoping a few vendors will be present. Does anybody have any other suggestions on what I can do to try out new bars? Also, are Burly Brands and Hill Country Customs comparable to KST Kustoms and LA Choppers? Thanks in advance.

I’ve read every thread possible pertaining to handlebars. Unfortunately, trying out new bars seems to be a difficult task. I’ve been to 4 Harley dealerships and opportunities have been few. I’m planning on attending the motorcycle show in DC hoping a few vendors will be present. Does anybody have any other suggestions on what I can do to try out new bars? Also, are Burly Brands and Hill Country Customs comparable to KST Kustoms and LA Choppers? Thanks in advance.
I have the LA Choppers Twin Peaks on my 14 SGS and like them. Great welds and chrome, solid bars. Don't know how they compare though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I live vary close to J&P Cycles and had the opportunity to compare a few sets of bars before I made my choice. Burlys are well made heavy bars, I would not consider the LA Choppers and KST's the same level of bars. The KST's are much lighter bars, the finish is good but is only polished stainless vs chrome on the LA Choppers and Burlys. The KST's remind me of budget Yaffe knock-off bars. I ended up getting Wild 1 Chubbys as they had the pull back I was looking for , also a heavy bar with great fit and finish.

I had Wild 1 Chubbys 10" MiniApes on my Heritage Classic and loved them. They are a 1 1/4 inch bar and because of that, they just looked beefier/heavy duty. I don't know how they would look on a Street Glide, though I do like their 12" Reapers.....

CMS, SG19 and Aviator5456, Thank you for responding. I’m leaning towards LA Choppers and Wild 1. Hopefully they’ll be present at the Motorcycle Show next weekend.

Love road6customs. Just put some on the sgs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

13" Road 6 Holey Roller Bagger Bars.

I love these things. I did the work myself in about a half day. (4 beers) I didn't have to change the hydraulics but I did have to get a 30 dollar wiring harness extension and reroute some wiring and the hydraulics in my fairing. The bars themselves were very easy to wire and they look great. IMG_0140.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469