Handlebar locks

BlkDragon

Jul 20, 2015
What are you folks using for securing your helmets? I tried Harley helmet locks but they don't work very well. I was in Vegas and found a vendor that is selling locks for handlebar, design was simple and seems easy enough to secure helmets. I have searched all over and did not find anything similar so I went online to Lidlox.com and made my purchase. This system is quite nice, my wife's helmet doesn't come with D-ring and they include an adapter piece for non-D-ring type helmet so both of our helmets can be secure and we don't have to carry them around every time we stop.

What are you folks using for securing your helmets? I tried Harley helmet locks but they don't work very well. I was in Vegas and found a vendor that is selling locks for handlebar, design was simple and seems easy enough to secure helmets. I have searched all over and did not find anything similar so I went online to Lidlox.com and made my purchase. This system is quite nice, my wife's helmet doesn't come with D-ring and they include an adapter piece for non-D-ring type helmet so both of our helmets can be secure and we don't have to carry them around every time we stop.
I use Oxford locks.... I have 2 of rhem
5bf4cbefb228d0bf53fbf8c8e5dbe68a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use a U padlock and run it thru the hole just above the clutch lever and put my helmet metal links into it. Cheap and works as a good theft deterrent.
attachment.php

Attachments

• PL.png
    PL.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 0
Never had an issue with my helmet being taken so far but you just never know. Leave mine on my seat but maybe I'm just waiting for the time it happens.

You never know, crack heads are desperate for their fixes, whatever they can get (easy grabs) to trade for quick high. I don't want to be out somewhere far away from home and have to ride home without my helmet, plus Shoei is not cheap so I rather be safe than sorry... :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith