Harley Davidson 1st quarter results

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
Harley-Davidson international retail motorcycle sales were up 0.2 percent in the first quarter of 2018 compared to 2017 and U.S. retail sales were down 12.0 percent. Worldwide retail sales decreased 7.2 percent.

"We are pleased to deliver revenue growth on the heels of our recent product investments in Softail and Touring. (SAY WHUT?) This, plus solid financial services segment performance and strong cash returns during the first quarter underscore our commitment to drive shareholder value," said Matt Levatich, president and chief executive officer, Harley-Davidson, Inc. "Our international markets returned to retail sales growth supporting our long-term objective to increase international sales to build the next generation of riders globally."

Hopefully it’s a sign of better things to come. Motorcycling doesn’t seem to be something that youngsters are interested in, and sales are struggling as a result.

I don’t get it, my Dad brought home a mini bike for my brother and I, when I was about 9 or 10 years old. It didn’t do much for my Brother, but things have never been the same for me after that first twist of the throttle! I was hooked right from the start and have never looked back

I'm with you on that,me and my brother both had bikes to ride at a young age and are still riding.unfortunately today's youth is more into video games and being lazy,( I know both mine are too) so who knows?

I'm with you on that,me and my brother both had bikes to ride at a young age and are still riding.unfortunately today's youth is more into video games and being lazy,( I know both mine are too) so who knows?

Man ain't that the truth. I bought my son ttr90 when he was 8, he rode it about 5 times in 5 years and by the time he got interested again he was too big for the bike and still don't know the basics. I just bought him a bigger bike this past fall and he's finally showing a little interest but still is perfectly content playing video games on a nice 70 degree day rather than ride.

When I was a kid ( wasn't much for video games out) even if there were my parents didn't give us a choice we were always outside.oh well hopefully the newer generations will change!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith