HD Extended Warrantee - anybody get it?

Incidentally the language about a surcharge after 90 days is there for the DEALER as the cost of the policy to the dealer is no different on day one or one day before the factory warranty expires....the warranty company wants you to pay earlier as they make their money by investing that money.

Paul65K, thanks for clarifying this.

In checking with my selling dealer I got these prices for Extended Warranty on my FLHXS:
1 year w/ tire $1474
2 year w/ tire $1624
3 year w/ tire $1984

2 year w/no tire $1344

Plus $50 per each claim

Mojo that seems pretty spicy to me. As I said before, I bought the extended warranty my 2015 FLHXS, for $2000CDN (~$1500USD at the time, March 31, 2015) for a 7 year (total)/ unlimited mileage with optional tire & Wheel coverage. The list was $2,300CDN but they knocked it down for me. I probably could have got more off if I really tried.

In checking with my selling dealer I got these prices for Extended Warranty on my FLHXS:
1 year w/ tire $1474
2 year w/ tire $1624
3 year w/ tire $1984

2 year w/no tire $1344

Plus $50 per each claim

One of my good friends is the financial officer at my local HD dealer. Explained the whole warranty process to me today and yes, a person can continue to buy extended warranties as the old expire but the are priced accordingly. I have no extended warranty other than the original two year that came with the bike. HD will notify me a month or so before that expires with an offer. Currently (and the numbers are close guesstimates because I did not copy them) 1 year @ $950, up to 5 years @ $2150 giving an effective 7 year warranty. The warranty is prorated so that if you trade or sell your bike before warranty expires HD pays back the balance of the premium even if you have filed a claim. HD is their own warranty company so they make the rules.

Blues

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys. I simply called my dealer and asked for pricing. That is what they rattled off to me.

Picked up a15 sgs and bought the 5yr with tire and wheel for about $1500 Mostly for piece of mind as this is my first HD and the last air cooled pushrod jap bike I had leaked like crazy everywhere.

Hi Mikey!
I think that is a good move considering all the new advancements and features on the latest Harley's. Eventually I will purchase additional warranty also.

Blues

I bought my 2011 sg and got the 3 yr unlimited warranty.i think it was about 1400. I've had to use it once and it was $50. Saved about 250. So the piece of mind is worth it to me. And I can take to any Harley dealership. I recommend it

I'll call Kutter as I get close to my 2 year and price out the Extended package- Thanks everyone for the input.

I'm gathering info right now and it looks like I will be purchasing an extended warranty from Jim at boardtrackerhd (formerly known as Kutter, I believe). I'm just wondering how many guys go with the extra wheel/tire warranty.

Thanks

HD Extended Warrantee - anybody get it?

I've got Tire and Wheel coverage. I hit a pothole which dented my front rim. The warranty replaced the rim, bearings and labor which came to almost $1000CDN. Well with it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a deal on a new 2016 SG Special a week ago and Harley had sent me an email with a five year extended warranty offer for a dollar. Good deal and The dealer honored it.

Dr Len speaks the truth. i saved about $500 with Jim Palmer (a USMC Vet) and NO $50 deductible like the HD extended warranty. :cool:
My carrier is Cornerstone.

Jim Palmer Kutter Harley
James Palmer finance@kutterharley.com
608-335-0970
608-314-1722

I did a deal on a new 2016 SG Special a week ago and Harley had sent me an email with a five year extended warranty offer for a dollar. Good deal and The dealer honored it.

Wow that's a great deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have actual experience with Discount ESP's warranties versus Harley direct? Discount ESP's prices look more attractive than Harley, but is their policy support/service there when you need it most?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlest