HD Pilot 3 in 1 helmet with Boom! 20S headset

NGOT8R

Feb 15, 2015
Finished up the installation of the Boom! Sena 20S Evo headset on my HD Pilot 3 in 1 helmet. Now I need to get the bike to the dealer for the flash and test it out.

Is there anyone on here using this particular headset? Was curious as to how well it performs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
I have the Sena helmet and it has the 20S I believe.

I'd sure like to see your finished pics of your pilot with the Sena installed. I just order the Sena 30k for my pilot. I was thinking it wouldn't fit.

I just saw your pics. Any chance of getting pics of your speaker placement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are the pics of the speaker placement that you requested Chainsaw801. The helmet has some Velcro in it to secure the cheek pads. I took advantage of that and also added additional Velcro to the helmet where the rest of the speaker surface would make contact. Lastly, the speakers also have Velcro on the backs of them. It's almost like the 20S was made for this helmet. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the quick reply! Are the volume levels good and not muffled? It looks like you went with the adhesive instead of the clamp for the install too. We found these helmets after long rides would make our ears sore. Have you noticed any extra pressure on your ears? Sorry for the bombardment of questions. We were really thinking we were going to have to sell our new helmets last night before seeing your post. :D

Last edited:
Yes, the volume levels are very clear and not muffled at all. The only issue I have with this helmet is the buckle on my goggles presses into the right side of my head if they are not adjusted just right. Other than than, the helmet is very comfortable to me. I have ridden in it for a six hour stretch with no issues. One other thing I'll mention is I use the long boom mic with this helmet. I'm sure the short one would be fine as well, but this is just how I chose to set mine up.

FANTASTIC! This is very encouraging. Our headsets get here on Tuesday. Thank you!!!

FANTASTIC! This is very encouraging. Our headsets get here on Tuesday. Thank you!!!

You're welcome. Let me know how you like it once you have had a chance to try it out. One last tip I forgot to share with you is to use painter's tape as a guide to know where you will mount the base before you stick it onto the helmet. The easiest way to do this is to try the helmet on and hold the boom mic (attached to the base) to the helmet to make sure that the boom is centered in front of your lips. Next, have someone mark off the mounting area with painter's tape front and rear. Once you have done this, you can remove the helmet and stick the base onto the helmet.

Was there any modifications used to mount this Sena to the helmet? I took mine to Harley and they couldnt even figure it out. Now I am doing research and see you are the only one who posted about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Was there any modifications used to mount this Sena to the helmet? I took mine to Harley and they couldnt even figure it out. Now I am doing research and see you are the only one who posted about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

There were no modifications needed to the helmet. I do recommend using painters tape to temporarily mount the base to the helmet and then try it on to make sure it's where you want it and the boom reaches center of your lips. If it is, use more painter's tape to mark off the mounting area, so that when you go to permanently stick the Sena base bracket onto the helmet you're able to get it in the exact same spot. The helmet liner (cheek pad section) needs to be removed and then Velcro the speakers to the inside of the helmet. Tuck the speaker wires underneath the cheek pad section and you're done.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting the pilot 3 in1 helmet and want the Bluetooth setup you have.can't seem to find the pictures of your setup.

Sorry guys, I haven’t been on here much and must have completely overlooked your questions about the HD Pilot helmet. The pics are on page 1. You have to purchase the Wireless Headset Interface Module from HD to use the Boom mic and headset. The mic stays on the helmet in 3/4 setup. If I were to run 1/2 setup, I would have to remove the base and mic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067