Heated seat – worth the cost?

Sealion

Feb 18, 2018
My better half has agreed to ride with me if I upgrade the seat. I want to do this right because she rode with me once in the eight years I had my Road King.

I have read much about seats in this forum and have an idea of a few we will test, but I am undecided about the heated seat option. She is often cold here, so the option appeals to her. I have always kept warm with a heated jacket which has worked well, but I do not always have it with me.

I would appreciate your thoughts on whether the heated seat is worthwhile.

I thought about buying a heated seat for my wife, but decided against it because she is not willing to ride if the temp is below 60 degrees. If your wife is not bothered by riding in cooler temps, I say get the heated seat. BTW, MCC will install heaters in seats too. That might be a cheaper alternative.

My better half has agreed to ride with me if I upgrade the seat. I want to do this right because she rode with me once in the eight years I had my Road King.

I have read much about seats in this forum and have an idea of a few we will test, but I am undecided about the heated seat option. She is often cold here, so the option appeals to her. I have always kept warm with a heated jacket which has worked well, but I do not always have it with me.

I would appreciate your thoughts on whether the heated seat is worthwhile.

I’m local to your area. Although I don’t have a heated seat, a good friend who I’ve been riding with for about 20 years has a heated seat and heated grips. He swears by them. We just got home today after a 2800+ mile trip out to Tombstone and Laughlin. When we were coming over Wolf Creek Pass at 8:30 am it was 32 degrees and he was sure happy to have that seat.

I’m local to your area. Although I don’t have a heated seat, a good friend who I’ve been riding with for about 20 years has a heated seat and heated grips. He swears by them. We just got home today after a 2800+ mile trip out to Tombstone and Laughlin. When we were coming over Wolf Creek Pass at 8:30 am it was 32 degrees and he was sure happy to have that seat.

That's a good point - you can never count on warm weather in Colorado!

Glad you are back safe from your ride. I have always enjoyed the roads around Tombstone.

My wife said it was worth buying. I bet it was. I paid for it.
That being said, it knocks the chill out. Not gonna keep you toasty though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller