HELP !! handlebar install, except impossible to put fairing back on

easyrider7467

Aug 14, 2015
Hello,

2015 SGS. Install Vindikta bars. I'm at the last step and I cannot get the fairing back on the triple tree !!
I cannot tell if the bars are in the way (shouldnt be, no?), or whats going on?

I checked and recheck to make sure nothing is hitting or getting snagged. I get so close but no cigar.
I do notice that the curved slots on the fairing, where the bar essentially sits in is also way off.
In fact, the bottom on the inner fairing, where it curves by the cell phone compartment is hitting the bar on both sides. I'm thinking because I have to go over the bar then drop down a bit, thereby getting the bar within that curved inner fairing area where the bar appears to come out from the inner fairing..

Very puzzled !!!

Thanks,

john.

I'm learning now that it could be the possibility of the new poly bushings I installed. So I've ordered the recommended Drag Specialties DS-290573. These are the same height as stock but poly.

Chime in still with suggestions, I'd appreciate it

John.

What bushings did you install? They should all be the same height? You may not have them tightend all the way? They can be a pain in the @ss!

#ridesomemore

I currently have Arlen Ness poly bushings.
(Drag specialties on the way, if needed)

I’ll try this week for pics

Very frustrating

I’m going to remove bars and try to install fairing without them. Then I’ll try the stock bars to check fitment

Then back to the Vindikta bars

Thanks.

Double check your brake line and clutch line are not between the bars and the fairing creating a pinch point,
Pics would help. I wouldn't think it could be the bushings.

I'm returning the bars.. Went to my indy and compared to SG and RG aftermarket bars ... They are clearly similar to the RG NOT the SG. Incredible!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77