Help with slip on sound comparison/loudness

tylerfj24

Mar 2, 2018
Ok so I have narrowed down my slip ons to these FOUR: I am riding a 2018 Street Glide Special (M8), I already have a tuner and air intake on it and am looking for a new set of slip ons.... I may in the future get a new CAT free set of pipes to with these but thats still a BIG IF at this time.. I have not changed CAMs and have stock head pipes.

**Please ONLY COMMENT ABOUT THESE FOUR SLIP ONS AND DONT TALK ABOUT OTHER BRANDS OR MODELS***

Any comments from experience is greatly appreciated.. (NO PARTICULAR ORDER SO)
1. TAB Bam Sticks 2.5" Baffle (or what they call "Regular Baffle")
2. TAB Bam Sticks Zombie Baffle
3. Cobra Neighbor Haters
4. SVT Boneshakers

My questions are as follows:
Are there much difference in the loudness or sound characteristics in these 4 mufflers? If so which are the loudest and which are the least loud? Are any of these so loud they keep you from listening to the stereo/xm radio when riding either around town (slow speeds) or at highway speeds?
I want the best sounding loudest I can go without disrupting my music or making it uncomfortable to ride. I am also worried about people riding behind me and ruining their day as well. I am coming off of sporties where I was used to Shortshots or other straight style pipes and I loved those but now I have a New 2018 SGS and i love my music and cruising but i need my noise as well..

Any help is appreciated again.. thanks

I don't personally have experience with any of those slip owns, but I did speak with a Fuel Moto tech about cams a couple of weeks. During that conversation, he specifically told me that the Neighbor Haters and Boneshakers rob the M8 of power because they take away back pressure.

I have no experience with any of these but check out https://www.baggersmag.com/ website. They have a section of sound clips for different exhausts for M8's and twin cams. Not sure if they have the ones you listed but might be worth a shot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith