No power

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

michaelgonzales75

Sep 26, 2024
Hey everyone, got a problem I was hoping someone can help me with. I have a 2024 street glide and very sadly the bike got knocked over and wasn’t picked up for hours, because I wasn’t home when it happened, but now I can’t turn my bike on it won’t power up at all no display or power at all. The battery is charged and no leakage . Can anyone help me ?

It's in tip over protection mode. Your owners manual will have a section in it discussing how to get it out of this mode.

The older models would display tip on the odometer, not sure how it displays on the new bikes with the new info screen.

Hey everyone, got a problem I was hoping someone can help me with. I have a 2024 street glide and very sadly the bike got knocked over and wasn’t picked up for hours, because I wasn’t home tu when it happened, but now I can’t turn my bike on it won’t power up at all no display or power at all. The battery is charged and no leakage . Can anyone help me ?
Sorry to hear about your Street Glide getting knocked over! If your bike isn't powering up despite the battery being charged, there are a few things that could be going on. Here are some steps to try:

Check the kill switch: Make sure the kill switch (engine cutoff) on your handlebars isn't engaged. Sometimes this can be triggered during a fall, and the bike won't start if it's on.

Inspect the fuses: A hard knock could have blown a fuse, especially if it was on its side for a while. Locate your fuse box and check if any fuses are blown (specifically the ones related to ignition or power). Replace any blown fuses with the correct amp-rated ones.

Examine the wiring: The fall might have caused some wires to disconnect or short out. Look closely around the battery, ignition, and switchgear wiring for anything loose, frayed, or disconnected.

Tip sensor/reset: Many modern bikes have a tip-over sensor (also called a bank angle sensor) that cuts off the engine if the bike tips past a certain angle to prevent damage. This sensor might need to be reset or could be malfunctioning. Try turning the ignition on and off a few times to see if it resets.

Check battery connections: Even though your battery is charged, make sure the connections are solid and clean. A loose connection or corroded terminal can prevent power from reaching the bike's systems.

Starter relay: If your fuses and wiring look fine, you may want to check the starter relay. A relay might have failed when the bike was knocked over, preventing the bike from powering up.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it could be something more complex like damage to the ignition switch, ECM (engine control module), or other internal electronics. In that case, it might be worth contacting a Harley-Davidson dealership or a mechanic to perform a more thorough diagnostic check.

Hope that helps, and good luck getting your bike back on the road!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paratrooper