Hey All - New from No. Wisconsin

sidedraft36

Oct 20, 2012
MG 850 LM 6.12.jpg

Wanted to say hey to everyone.

Been riding since the 70's, but am pretty new to the whole Harley scene. Like to ride on back roads. Love the curves. Got a Sportster a couple of years back and - much to my surprise - I just love it!

Lately I've been thinking more and more about getting into some serious touring. Get out and see the country...while I'm still young enough to do it on two wheels. I saw a black Street Glide at the dealer the other day and it was calling my name. All the other touring bikes just look too big and gaudy. The S.G. looks sharp as hell...but, they are not cheap. Could go used, but there are not many used ones up this way and they all seem to command a pretty strong resale price. Looks like the purchase will be a little time in the making...

Till then, I'll just be lurking and trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks.

ps. I'll try attaching a picture for you all. This is my 1977 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans that I've owned since '81...my Sporty is in the backround.

Last edited:
Welcome from Kansas City, MO. Good looking Sporty you've got there. I love the yellow!

When you finally are able to pull the trigger on a touring bike (SG or otherwise), you'll wonder why you waited so long. Sad to say my beloved Softail rarely sees the road anymore....but riding in comfort is oh so nice.

Welcome to the forum. Nice Guzzi I always had a soft spot for them. I had an old El Dorado for a while never could get it to run right so it moved on, still kinda regret selling it but thats life. Good look on your quest for a touring bike, I'm sure you will love it what ever you end up with.

Thanks Guys. Appreciate the greetings. I'm sure I'll love the bike when I get it...there has to be a reason so many folks ride so many miles on them.

BTW...Moto Guzzi is the second oldest motorcycle company left...after H-D. 2 years older than BMW - little known fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90