Hogworkz Halomaker Wiring

Happy Glider

Mar 13, 2016
Bought a Hogworkz Halomaker and was going to install it today but it seems that either they sent me the wrong headlight and/or harness, or my stock headlight and harness are different than everyone else's!! The label on the stock harness and headlight says Revision A. Could this mean something changed along the way?

Stock Setup:
IMG_1883.JPGIMG_1887.JPGIMG_1888.JPG

Halomaker Setup:
IMG_1889.JPGIMG_1890.JPG

Any input as to what might be going on?

Follow the original plug up under the stereo, it disconnects there and the new plug fits in there. I had the same question when I got my new headlight.

Ohhhhh, ok. It seems that I still have an extra wire and plug, though. I know the blue gets spliced in for the halo, but what is the black, and what is the single female connector shown in the pic? Thanks a lot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Glider- FWIW, I used the adapter you posted below for my Custom Dynamic Halo light and it works perfectly. That little separate pigtail is what powers my Halo ring.
attachment.php

What does it plug into? If you look at the pic of the light there no male connector. (?). Do you know what the black wire is for? Being black I'd assume a ground of some sort, but to where? Thanks Mojo.

Like I said I have the Custom Dynamics Halo light and it connected perfectly with the Harley OEM H4 adapter harness. My Halo light had a 3 prong male connector (blue) and an extra lead for the Halo circuit and the harness plugged right into it. The opposite end (Flat black connector) went into the wire harnes under the radio. Note that the stock Streetglide headlight has two connectors (hi/lo beam) and the H4 has a single 3 prong connector. There are 2 wires hanging loosely on the flat black connector end that don't do anything I know of so I leave them alone. There is NO need to use any of the wires to ground the light and NO splicing was required.

Untitled.png

Now it's making sense. The difference is that the Hogworkz light doesn't have the extra connector for the halo. They provide a clip to splice one of the two extra wires (blue) you mentioned, so all that's left then is the extra black which apparently does nothing. Thanks for clearing that up!! I'm usually okay with this stuff but don't like splicing and having extra wires without understanding, and the Hogworkz instruction sheet is almost worthless.

The harness Mojo has pictured is the same as the Hoglights light I have, female connector works a permanent Park style light rather than Halo and I have 2 spare wires that do nothing as well.

UPDATE-something still was not making sense when I read all the posts and also watched Hogworkz' YouTube vid so I gave them a call this morning. Apparently they've made updates to their lights and it is now completely plug and play-as in no splicing like all their (crappy) instructions say to do! Well that's a good thing but it sure would be nice if someone knew that. The tech guy said changes are coming and maybe they happened early so he asked me to send him a pic-that's the only way he knew they made updates! Holy crap…hope their light performs better than their organization!!! I'll find out if they actually did make the proper changes as soon as I get it hooked up.

Last edited:
UPDATE-something still was not making sense when I read all the posts and also watched Hogworkz' YouTube vid so I gave them a call this morning. Apparently they've made updates to their lights and it is now completely plug and play-as in no splicing like all their (crappy) instructions say to do! Well that's a good thing but it sure would be nice if someone knew that. The tech guy said changes are coming and maybe they happened early so he asked me to send him a pic-that's the only way he knew they made updates! Holy crap…hope their light performs better than their organization!!! I'll find out if they actually did make the proper changes as soon as I get it hooked up.

Just as stated. Plug and play now. Black and Blue wires as well as female plug not used.
I would love to know what they are for though. Can't find anything about it.

aad4fb8928f5cbeac5193a21d055ac02.jpg

Glad ya got it worked out!

-Superior Blue 2017 Street Glide Special
-7" Sunpie Projector Headlight
-TAB Performance B.A.M. Sticks 4" Slip Ons Zombie Baffles
-Khrome Werks +2 Wide Bars
-Custom Dynamics Front & Rear Turn Signal Inserts
-Kuryakyn's Lower Triple Tree Wind Deflector
-Harley Adjustable Driver Backrest
-Long Ride Shield Recurve 7"
-Dark Smoke Air Deflectors
-Harley Upgraded Tri Bar

Looking at new LED headlights for my 17 SG. I just had Custom Dynamic turn signal and LED strip put on below my windshield. Seen the Hogworkz is about $150 cheaper than the Custom Dynamic LED. Was wanting to see how any of you that have the Hogworkz like it and was it what you we're hoping for. Any info would be great on the Hogworkz headlight. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469