How many people. Have had a bag fall off

I installed the reda innovations saddlebag retainers so I don't have to worry about that.

I really like the looks of these, really need to pull the trigger and order some. Like the fact you can just grab the head and unscrew them and not have to use a tool.
I installed the reda innovations saddlebag retainers so I don't have to worry about that.

2 nd day out with the bike and my left saddle bag popped out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't imagine too many. Think the 2014's & 2015's had/have potential issues with bags possibly falling off. IDK, on my 2012 the retainers twist tight with a definite locking click. Don't ever envision them self-twisting loose. And I can't address the newer bikes' bag locking devices.

Must be a bunch since there is a recall addressing it. My question is since they acknowledged the problem, will they reimburse all the guys that had to buy a new bag??

I really like the looks of these, really need to pull the trigger and order some. Like the fact you can just grab the head and unscrew them and not have to use a tool.

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy the pieces for under $10...there's a thread on here about choosing the right size. Thats what I and others on here have done and haven't had a bag fall off or loosen.

I have only had my bags off a few times. When adjusting the shocks I noticed that if the stock ( recalled part) locking ring is NOT LINED RIGHT It will go to the stops but not click in.. Giving a false sense of security. I found this out by lightly tugging the bags under this condition... They fell right off as if just sitting on the supports. Of course they did... THEY WERE!! I went back and figured out I had to try a few different positions to get them to click (LOCK). I'm thinking that is what the recall is about.. Retaining clips that positively latch..
I'll have them replaced under the recall only to keep paperwork up to date.. I'm defiantly looking into the more user friendly fix.. Harley knows their product from a design perspective.. You guys know it from a more practical perspective

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy the pieces for under $10...there's a thread on here about choosing the right size. Thats what I and others on here have done and haven't had a bag fall off or loosen.

I haven't had any bags fall off because I started a thread here waaay back when about replacing the stock hardware with good, secure, quality fasteners.:eek:

Must be a bunch since there is a recall addressing it. My question is since they acknowledged the problem, will they reimburse all the guys that had to buy a new bag??
I was at my local shop getting the recall addressed before I head to Sturgis.

Well apparently 2 weeks ago someone came in with a bag that had fallen off (the dealerships first recorded incident of such) and when the recall came out the GM of my local store asked Harley if they would replace the bag now and it was declined.

It's getting escalated but I don't know if the results will be any different.

One of the lamest things I've ever heard...

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

I haven't had any bags fall off because I started a thread here waaay back when about replacing the stock hardware with good, secure, quality fasteners.:eek:

Reading that post is why I got STD's (Saddlebag Theft Deterrent). Got those because I was to lazy to pick the parts myself. No problems here!

I have NOT had this problem. I read all of the disasters happening so, wanting to be a little pro-active, I bought the Bagger Bolts. They're fine and I do like them. The only negative is you need a tool to remove the bolts.

I was at my local shop getting the recall addressed before I head to Sturgis.

Well apparently 2 weeks ago someone came in with a bag that had fallen off (the dealerships first recorded incident of such) and when the recall came out the GM of my local store asked Harley if they would replace the bag now and it was declined.

It's getting escalated but I don't know if the results will be any different.

One of the lamest things I've ever heard...

I was told over the weekend by my Dealer that Harley Was replacing damaged bag's I have been on top of this since I heard about this recall I have called HD customer service and my dealer several time's right now for me it's a waiting game as my dealer is waiting for the recall repair part's once they get my bike in the shop for the recall they will assess what parts need to be replaced (the whole bag or just the lid) The bag that fell of my bike is fine the Lid took most of the damage on the inside towards the rear tire and the Mutazu bag extension got a few scrapes on the inside but I fixed that with some touch-up paint so if Harley replace's the Lid I will be a happy camper

Who have you been speaking with at Harley? I'll have to let him know.

That was it Mojo...., thats exactly what I did and thanks to you I never had bag issues.....thanks a million

Now if I could find some way to remind me with the lids aren't locked....can't tell you how many times another driver honks at me letting me know my lids are open...

Last edited:
Aviator5456-That's whats so great about SGF - sharing knowledge and tips with each other. I've gotten several good ideas and tips hanging out around here!:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith