How much Play with Arlen Ness Poly Bushings

Captain_Astro

Nov 28, 2016
I just did a complete install of 14" LA Chopper Twin Peaks on my 2015 Streetglide Special. Did not have to replace the cables which saved some time an money. I did replace the stock riser bushings with Arlen Ness Poly's. I get about 1/4" to 1/2" of play when I really push and pull on them.

First Question: Is this normal play for 14" Ape Hangers and Poly bushings

second Question: I did not replace the stock riser bolts. Should I?

Thanks guys.

I recently installed12" Twin Peaks and Arlen Ness poly bushings with original bolts and it feels rock solid.

I just installed 14's and also get some play in the bars. I replaced with poly bushing from the dealership, but I'm guessing they are pretty much the same thing in a different package. I would think the bolts would be fine as long as they are tight.

When i installed my bars in used the poly bushings. i saw where someone torqued to specs. Then waited 20 minutes and torqued them again. That is what i did, and they are rock solid 4000 miles later no issues. (i saw this old post, but thought someone may find it useful.)

I just installed factory 47 12'' bars with ARLEN NESS bushings and torqued to specs ...NO ISSUES

Any extra vibration with the poly bushings?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Installed 12' Khromewerks 5,000 miles ago using Arlen Ness poly bushings, locktite on stock riser bolts, torque to spec- rock solid!

No extra vibration noticed from when i had stock bars on. Someone mentioned Loctite / Threadlocker. I only will use Blue (Medium). Never red.

Good to know....just don't want tingling hands on a bagger....and blue if ya wanna take it off, red if it never comes off. My go to is blue.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith