Indians new powerplus 108

The price is basically the same as a new Road Glide. I am surprised to see someone say it is reasonably priced after reading all the comments about how H-D is now pricing themselves out of the market.

The price is basically the same as a new Road Glide. I am surprised to see someone say it is reasonably priced after reading all the comments about how H-D is now pricing themselves out of the market.

HD is pricing themselves out of the market, they keep going up and offering the same motorcycle with less stuff on it. If they built this first it would have been 50k. I'm saying it's not badly priced because of what they are offering in comparison to the road glide.

From: https://www.cycleworld.com/indian-motorcycle-challenger/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email

According to Cycle World: "Indian’s first liquid-cooled large-displacement motor measured 103.1 hp at 5,560 rpm and 113.1 pound-feet of torque at 3,330 rpm on our in-house dyno."

My 2019 FLHCS with only an SE 447 Torque Cam and S&S EPA legal mufflers measured 102.3 hp at 5300 rpm and 118.5 pound-feet of torque at 3,450 rpm on the dealer's in-house dyno.

The Indian Challenger is also 99 pounds heavier 796 vs 697 pounds dry weight.

I'm keeping my Harley.

FLHCS Dyno Run.jpg

2019-10-31.jpg

IMG_1187a.jpg

The fact of an additional 100lbs of weight on already heavy bikes also makes me want to stay with my 2014 SGS.

The fact of an additional 100lbs of weight on already heavy bikes also makes me want to stay with my 2014 SGS.

I wasn't too clear below. The Indian Challenger weighs 99 pound more than my '19 FLHCS. Compared to a '14 FLHXS it is 21 pounds heavier.

I wasn't too clear below. The Indian Challenger weighs 99 pound more than my '19 FLHCS. Compared to a '14 FLHXS it is 21 pounds heavier.

Hulkss, you are not comparing apples to apples.

The Challenger (831 lbs wet) is lighter than a current Road Glide ( 854lbs wet). The Cycle world dyno run was done in 4th gear. Anyone know why? I hear 5th is where it should be done. Ridermag dyno'd one and it was 107.6 and 113.3TQ. To compare a stock 114 is 81hp and 107.7q.

https://ridermagazine.com/2019/10/29/2020-indian-challenger-limited-road-test-review/

Either way, I'm excited to ride this bike. I'll decide if I'm buying it after a road test.

Last edited:
Hulkss, you are not comparing apples to apples.

I am comparing it to my Stage II Heritage Classic 114 which is 99 pounds lighter, has the same power, and more torque than the Indian. You should try one.

I can't wait to go ride this Indian Challenger, if it has potential to grow this might be my next ride. For the price for the bike that comes with Fox mono shock, Brembo brakes, high performance V-twin, adjustable windscreen, decent seat and roomy saddlebags and not to mention all kinds of goodies instrument panel....and not to mention liquid cool.

There is a Polaris dealer right down the street from me and they are getting 3 Indian Challenger in 3 days. They took my # down and will call me once they arrived so I can go check them out. I saw one at bike night last Friday but didn't take the time to check it out.

I am looking for a motorcycle that I can ride to Sturgis probably next year with my wife and hoping some friends but not waiting for them if they back out this time.

There are several Polaris dealerships near me, but I don't think there is an Indian dealer within 2 hours of me...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave