Inner primary chrome cover

blkbrd

Feb 21, 2014
Does anyone have the inner primary chrome cover on a 2014 SG? Just looking to see how it looks before I get one? Thanks in advance!

I think it's one of the most important chrome pieces on the whole bike (i.e. I like it a lot). I installed the Harley one. I also added the Harley cylinder base cover and the Harley starter cover to complete the left side.

14SG7.jpg14SG8.jpg14SG9.jpg

Does anyone have the inner primary chrome cover on a 2014 SG? Just looking to see how it looks before I get one? Thanks in advance!

Looking good. How 'bout the chrome lower fork sliders?

Yes, I agree.....I need some chrome lower fork sliders, too. Not sure I wanna pull the trigger on $450 right now, but I'm sure I'll convince myself eventually. I've been focused on engine chrome thus far.

hulkss......maybe you can help me with this one: I believe I saw you comment on another post concerning this. I'm looking to complete the chrome on the right side engine on my 2014. Transmission shroud and rear cylinder base cover. As you can see, I have MGS true duals where the rear cylinder exits over the top to the left. Kuryakyn website has conflicting information on their site, and I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone concerning this.

Under the description for Kuryakyn part 8694 (rear cylinder base cover) it says the following: "On ’09-’14 Models equipped with an aftermarket true dual exhaust system where the rear head pipe exits over the top of the transmission to the left side of the bike, use the combination of Küryakyn Transmission Shrouds (P/N 7877) & Rear Cylinder Base Cover (P/N 8394)"

However, under the description for 7877 and 8394 it lists the fitment as '08-'13 (i.e. no mention of 2014). I emailed Kuryakyn.....and they said "no fit" on the 2014......yet I don't know if I believe that. From what I can tell from pictures/videos nothing has changed with the transmission / rear cylinder area from the 2013 to 2014.

So......do you think this 7877 / 8394 combo will fit?? I'd feel better about ordering them if I knew of someone who has successfully installed them on the 2014. Any advice? Thanks.

Here's that post: Post
Looks like the transmission covers may be different.

Yes, thank you. This is the conversation I was reading. I traded a few emails with jdwalu. He ordered the 8654 transmission shroud for his 2014, even though Kuryakyn lists it as only fitting up to 2013. He says it fit perfect, which leads me to believe that the areas surrounding the transmission assembly (i.e. the areas the chrome covers and the bolts the covers attach to) have not changed. Of course, he has the stock headers, whereas I would want the 7877 because it covers all of the area where his stock header is currently covering.

Here's that post: Post
Looks like the transmission covers may be different.

Also.....would this be the same transmission assembly as the 2014 Road King? I'm assuming it would be the same. I read a review from someone who purchased the 7877 for his 2014 Road King and apparently it fit well.

2014 road king has cable operated clutch all other 14 touring models are hydraulic my 09 SG trans cover had 6 bolts my 14 SGS has only 2 bolts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 road king has cable operated clutch all other 14 touring models are hydraulic my 09 SG trans cover had 6 bolts my 14 SGS has only 2 bolts

Yes, I can see the difference in the bolts that hold the stock cover on......but I'm wondering about the mounting bolts around the outside of this cover (i.e. the ones that would be used to attach the chrome covering). These seem to be the same. I've attached a picture of one of Kuryakyn's YouTube videos, presumably showing a 08-13 tranny and also a picture of my 2014. Would it make sense that the chrome covers would attach the same?

8-13_shroud.png14 shroud.jpg

Looking at my friends 08 and my 14 the cover seems the same I thought the cover bolted to the chrome cover It looks to me that it would work

Looking at my friends 08 and my 14 the cover seems the same I thought the cover bolted to the chrome cover It looks to me that it would work

Thanks xMike09. Would you say the area behind the cylinder (where the rear cylinder base cover goes) is the same too?

Just ordered the inner primary and cylinder base cover. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed Kuryakyn part 7877 (transmission shroud cover) and 8394 (rear cylinder base cover) on my 2014 with MGS true duals (where the rear headpipe exits over the top to the left). They both fit perfectly! I don't know why Kuryakyn is claiming these parts are only for '09-'13 (i.e. not 2014)......but they're wrong!

my 7877.jpg8394.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90