Input on Saddlebag lining

BluesBelly

Oct 20, 2014
I am ready to line the interior surfaces of my hard bags but before I buy the raw components and make patterns I'm wondering if anyone has advice on where to pick up a QUALITY bag lining kit. I don't want to re-invent the wheel if I don't have to.
There are quite a few kits on ebay but I am looking for quality that I was not seeing.
I am aware that meancitycyles.com has an offering but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Blues

Hog liners looks like a nice quality kit but I'm not sure if they have a kit for the Rushmore bikes yet, it's not listed on there web site. Maybe give them a call.

I bought a kit from Drag Specialties thru Dennis Kirk..it worked really well, fairly easy to install

BluesBelly- I didn't care for the liner choices out there so I opted for the bag liners. They work really well and you can grab them by the handles like a soft briefcase when your traveling and empty out your hard bags in 2 seconds.

I also have the bag liners. Just got them today. They seem pretty nice and convenient. Was a lil upset they wanted $100 for the liners but only $60 for the bags. Kinda dumb.

I too opted for the bags in the bag. They are far more convenient and less messy trying to find stuff than lining the bags and leave you with a lot more room.

I bought a kit from Drag Specialties thru Dennis Kirk..it worked really well, fairly easy to install

Got any pics? I am looking into this... getting a lot of 'rattle' from odds and ends in the bags just making noise and tearing up stuff... thanks

Here you go Spazz. I hope the pics don't invert themselves again when I attach them. I bought the liners from HD. They come with an alcohol wipe and four 3" strips of Velcro (hook portion). I cut the Velcro strips in half and placed them as follows: Three on the outside, two in the rear, one in front and two on the inside of my bags. They are pricey, but fit great! I also have the HD bag inserts (mini suitcases), that Mojo mentioned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here you go Spazz. I hope the pics don't invert themselves again when I attach them. I bought the liners from HD. They come with an alcohol wipe and four 3" strips of Velcro (hook portion). I cut the Velcro strips in half and placed them as follows: Three on the outside, two in the rear, one in front and two on the inside of my bags. They are pricey, but fit great! I also have the HD bag inserts (mini suitcases), that Mojo mentioned.

Thanks for the pics NGOT8R... I appreciate it and I love the finished look for sure. They look clean!

Thanks Spazz and Mojo. I saw them in the bags of my buddy's '14 CVO and knew right away that I had to have them for mine. The crazy thing is; they cost more than the suitcase style bag luggage. I wasn't expecting that to be the case, but I wanted them, so I bit the bullet.

I may make some templates and cut my own and use spray adhesive... it's way on the back burner though

Sent from my Note4 using Tapatalk

When installing the HD premium lining, is there still enough room to put the HD carry bags in? Or is it one or the other?

I have thought about just lining my bags, but yall are giving me new ideas. I'll subscribe to this thread and follow.

According to a buyer review the JP bags fit nicely. I went for the premium HD bags, widely discussed here op this forum. There are inside organizers and a laptop segment. They are a hefty US$ 190 in Europe....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith