Installed the HD Driving Light Kit on my new Glide

extricator

Dec 19, 2016
Installed the Driving Light Kit this morning. Installing the kit was not that hard to do. The most time consuming part was assembling the lights on the brackets. All of the wires were under the fairing so they were easy to attach. Now I am waiting for the factory color matched lowers to come in...:)

Light 1.jpgLight 2.jpgLight 3.jpgLight 4.jpg

Glad to hear it wasn't difficult. I picked up the kit last weekend and will take it on when I have a chance. Any tips or shortcuts that'll make it an easier job?

I put my kit on yesterday (purchased from a member here who sold his bike). The worst part for me was putting back on one of the small torque screws to secure the new switch for the lights. The one closest to the outside of the bike isn't too bad but the inside one closest to the ignition is a PITA. If you have a stand to keep the front wheel straight it helps, but if not, have someone hold the handlebars and turn them all the way to the right. That gives you a little more room to get the screwdriver into the space to tighten it down. Everything was plug and play. Taking the screws out of the blank panel is easy, getting them back in just takes some patience (which I lack)

Looks great. I loved mine so much more when I put JW Speaker LED's in it. Man what a bunch of light on the road!!! Waiting to see if I should put them on the CVO.

Looks great. I loved mine so much more when I put JW Speaker LED's in it. Man what a bunch of light on the road!!! Waiting to see if I should put them on the CVO.
Got a pic? I'm looking to gain some visibility. Would love to see what LED's look like in these.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I did the same to my 17 SGS, bought the plug switch that goes in front of the fairing from Boardtracker Harley in WI. I got a JW LED headlight from amazon for like 250 and eagle lights 4" for like 100. its ll looks great. only thing is the headlight and lamps are a bit different color, which doesn't bother me.

Any chance you have the part numbers for the turn signal/driving light mounts as well as any wiring adaptors needed for the driving lights ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
do you have part numbers for broad tracker looked and can not find any type of driving/passing lights
mule

When u go to boardtracker.com click see full site, then type in passing lamp kit in the search box. Worked for me. Chris

Asked this on the other aux./fog light thread but got no answer so I'll try this thread.

a9a7a4781372b9ab459b05b48a32d820.jpg

Able to have high beam on with aux lights on ?

The passing lamps turn off when you turm on the high beams. The HD dealer can flash your bike to cause the passing lamps to stay on with high beams. This is a simple and quick procedure, but my dealer still charged me $60 to do it. I’m a software guy, so it pissed me off that this is not configurable without a flash, and that they charge so much for something that takes two minutes to do.

The passing lamps turn off when you turm on the high beams. The HD dealer can flash your bike to cause the passing lamps to stay on with high beams. This is a simple and quick procedure, but my dealer still charged me $60 to do it. I’m a software guy, so it pissed me off that this is not configurable without a flash, and that they charge so much for something that takes two minutes to do.

TY CoHam

Can you ,or anyone else, answer my latest question ?
My kit had two pieces of foam ,one sticky side to the foam, in each of the 2 bezels packages.
Where are they to be placed exactly ?
Im not seeing anything in the directions or from anyone else that has installed the Aux. light kit about any foam strips or where they are to be placed ?

In case I'm not explaining well enough here is the bezel and 2 foam pieces that came in the bezel packaging.

de0782785b91bf58cba28b4f69e64d66.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469