Insurance Costs Michigan

2015FlHXS

Aug 29, 2015
Hi all, getting close to pulling bike out and time to re-up my insurance. I currently have Progressive which has increased my rates this year. Curious what others in Michigan are using.

My bike is a 2015 SGS and I'm looking to lower coverages to the state minimum as I don't ride too much excpet for one or two big pout of state trips.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thnak you!
Chris

I'm in Ohio so it's different for sure. I had my State farm insurance cover my bike up to about 12 years ago. But progressive sent me an advert saying they were less expensive. So I got a quote from them and it was much cheaper. I have 2 bikes. An 88 FXRS/sp and my Streetglide. But at that time it was my 88 and a BMW R1100rt. The very first renewal with no tickets or claims the premium jumped. Then the next year another increase. Before I knew it they were much higher than State Farm was. Called my State Farm agent and the rate was much cheaper than I originally was paying with them. It's been about 6 years now and very little if any increase. Do not care for Progressive and their rate jumping.

We had Auto Owners for a number of years...house, cars, bike..... rates kept creeping up. Would call and ask for requote and not much happened. Our credit union sent us an advertisement for Liberty Mutual, so I looked into that. They cut the prices by almost $2k on coverage on all vehicles and house. I would shop around a bit.... if you're looking for bike only, that may bit a bit more than if you combine home, auto, and bike. I think we need to shop every couple years.... when prices start creeping up, I'll be shopping again. No more loyalty to some of these places. Years of payments, no claims, and prices still go up.....

MICHIGAN Bike insurance will continue to rise because of law sb1 that was signed into law,Michigan abate is trying to pass sb528 to help us out.I can't remember all the logistics but you can probly look it up under abate of michigan.They have a ride for this cause on june 3 to capitol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave