Intake and tuner

cobranick

Mar 4, 2019
Ignore my ignorance as I am new to this. I was going to high jack the last post about slip on and tuner. But figured I would start a new one. So since I figured out I dont need a tuner for slip ons. Would I be able to add a intake like the screamin eagle big air without a tuner also?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm no expert but you can, but if you change the head pipe you will need one . A good tuner will help even with just the slip ons.

What are some of the top brand tuners that guys are using?

Ignore my ignorance as I am new to this. I was going to high jack the last post about slip on and tuner. But figured I would start a new one. So since I figured out I dont need a tuner for slip ons. Would I be able to add a intake like the screamin eagle big air without a tuner also?

I would highly suggest a tuner if you go with a high flow intake and your slipons. I believe others will endorse this recommendation. I personally use the V&H FP3 tuner. It's very user friendly and has nice features. Dependent upon the level of performance you're after, stage 2, 3, 4, beyond etc... There's probably better ones suited. But for head pipes, high flow intake, slipons, and cams the FP3 is a perfect solution. Just my opinion...

Last edited:
You absolutely need a tuner if you use a high flow ac of any type.i run the power vision 2 very user freindly.i got mine from fuel moto with a map pre loaded for my setup and they will send you a new map for future upgrades,there awesome.

I installed an SE wedge air cleaner and a decatted stock header on my buddy's 2017 RGS and he does not have a tuner. He has ridden it several thousand miles since then and says the bike (stock ECM) was able to iron itself out and the bike runs very good with no problems.

Yep,I did that too. It ran fine, but I ended up getting a tune to capitalize on the new parts.
A tune will allow your bike to make the most out of the new air and exhaust, but it can handle them ok with a stock tune.
Then, when I got my cams done then I had it retuned...

Last edited:
I appreciate everyone's input. So with the power vision is the optional power tune nessecary? It doubles the price of the unit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith