Iride Thundermax, Dirty air

SpeedyST

Jun 22, 2023
How’s it going, I have thundermaxs Iride rear air suspension and dirty air front fork kit on my 2022 Street Glide ST. I’ve had the kit on my bike for about 4-5 months now. I can’t for the life of me get a comfortable ride. Let’s start with the forks, the get the forks aired up to stock height, it needs 70PSI. The ride is pretty harsh, you feel very bump, every vibration. When going into a corner and hitting a bump at 70mph+ you get bad front end wobble. It gets alot better when I had more air up front, max 100PSI, but that make the front end extremely hard. I dropped the air down 5 PSI so we are at 65 now and it’s better, but that 5 PSI drop drops the front end down about an inch. And of course hitting a bump in a turn is now worse. Not really sure what is happening, talking to dirty air they recommend me 55-65PSI. But anything lower than 65 PSI the forks are all the way down.

Now onto the rear. I can’t for the life of me get the coil set right, either the rear is really hard or so soft I hit a bump and I bounce up and down like I’m on a trampoline. I don’t want to spend more money and get away from air, but I might have too. If anyone is familiar with these two systems and could give me some suggestions that would be awesome. Thanks.

Reactions: BillyBob
How many miles do you have on your air ride systems? For some systems, traditional and air, breaking them in with mileage get them to their sweet spot.

Reactions: BillyBob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave