Jarhead

6172crew

May 12, 2016
Been out since 99, I own a 94 Soft tail and looking to upgrade as soon as this house sells.

My buddy owns dirtbag cycles in CA and when I was out of work I hung around his shop getting ideas and learning the bikes.

Semper Fi

Thanks Gents! Sold the house, well its in escrow now. I have started the next phase and sent off one email to carson city HD (I used to live near there and a family member owns a FBO at the airport.) I also contacted my buddy who owns dirtbag cycles in Martinez CA, he is going to contact the dealers and see if he can get me a deal.

I live in NM now and the registration/taxes arent as high as CA so we think its possible to find either a charcoal SGS or a Silver UG classic w/ Nav at 22k but I wont have the funds for a couple of weeks so the cart is in front of the horse so to speak.

Sounds like your on the right track. The dealership in Carson city is now called Battle Born HD.

Sounds like your on the right track. The dealership in Carson city is now called Battle Born HD.

Makes sense! I miss the Battle Born State but the job took me to NM. I lived in Carson and Reno for a bit while working on the T-Mo cell sites in the area. When I went by to look at the showroom a few years ago I never talked price but I haven't heard anything from the sales folks yet so I will probably end up at another dealer for my bike. They had a really nice XR1200 in there last time, always liked to rig one up for the track and ride it on the street.;)

With the change of ownership I'm not sure the Carson e-mail is good. Here's a number to call and talk to them now. 775-882-7210

Good luck in your search.

Should be funding this Friday! Just signed the docs and fired them off. No offense to those in CA, I was born there but I've had enough.

Anyhow; now I can start looking to find a good deal. My buddy at dirtbag is looking into it for me, never heard back from battle Born but when I did some searching up on the net it sounded like they are higher than MSRP. I will still swing by there next month to talk face to face unless I can find a deal that is good to go before then.

Semper Gumby as we say.

OK, found my bike. I was able to get a 2015 Silver SGS for $22.2K.

I wont be able to pick her up for another couple of weeks so Im trying to educate myself on tour packs. The lady loved the stock Ultra Glide classic one with speakers. I read through a few pages on the tour pack thread but wondering if the only way to go as far as quality, fit and finish is HD?

It sure seems that way. Even if you find a good quality knockoff, they don't resemble the Rushmore packs and then you gotta add in the cost of painting.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave