Klockwerks 8.5 Flare

Idaho

Jun 7, 2014
I have the 8.5 Dark Smoke Flare from Klockwerks on my 2014 SGS. I am 5'9 and it seems good so far for me.

Klockwerks 8.5 Flare

I'm 6ft and the stock windshield has way too much buffeting. Thinking of going with the 8.5 but Tint.
Anyone knows if you can look through it with clarity?

I know the Dark Smoke is a bit too dark especially at dusk.

Going on a 2014 SGS

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah! I had a tint on my '09 SG and could see through it pretty good. I have a Dark Smoke on my '14 SGS now and love it even more! Best windshield on the market for our bat wing!

Great to hear. Any reason why the darker one this time for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a 17" ClearViewShield. That is a medium size and equals the 8.5" KlockWerks size. Used the discount code from this forum and got 10% off. I mailed back and forth several times and came to the conclusion that ClearViewShields really Rock!! After explaining my concern about the vibration of the 1/8" ClearViewShield being thinner than the stock-so-low-shield which seems to be 3/16" thick. Andy from customer service ClearViewShields told me he will manufacture a 3/16" 17" recured top dark smoked for me specially. Isn't that awesome? At no extra cost!! Wow man, that is really great!! Happy that I took Mojo's trail... ;) to ClearViewShields. Will have a darksmoke shield, no vibration and no buffeting. Can't wait to get it installed. Must wait 15-20 days before international shipment, But It 'll be worth waiting for.

KW out, ClearViewShield in

I'm 5' 8" and couldn't use the 8.5. The top of the shield was right in my line of sight. I ended up up buying a 6.5 and it works a lot better for me. I guess were all made a little different.

I'm 5' 8" and couldn't use the 8.5. The top of the shield was right in my line of sight. I ended up up buying a 6.5 and it works a lot better for me. I guess were all made a little different.

I know what you mean SGBrian, I am 5-11 and the 8.5 was too tall for me too. The flare was right in front of my eyesight and gave me a headache after looking though it too long. I too have the 6.5 now and no issues. I seen they even have a shorter one for the 14 and up models now.

Yes-I remember buying the taller and getting Vertigo looking thru the recurve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith