LED Headlight And Radio Issues

crash32

Jan 17, 2019
Hi
I recently had a Kuryakyn Orbit Vision 7" LED headlight with a white halo.
The light looks great and I like the look. I had this installed over the winter by the local HD shop when I was getting new bars installed on a 2019 Street Glide.
Unfortunately, the shop closed at the end of February and I got the bike back in the middle of March. So there is no getting help from them since they recommended it.
Where we live the weather is cold and still is cold so I have spent any time checking it out since I got it back. I was checking it out and noticed I can only get one station. I also have the hidden fairing antenna installed. What I have done is turned the bike on unplugged the light and the stations come in with the halo light still plugged in.
I had the fairing antenna before the light and I was able to get all the stations.
After doing some googling I found some people had success with ferrite rings.
I have added a ferrite close to the led light as possible and still have radio issues.
Since then I have email and message the Kurakyn but waiting for a response.

Looking for suggestions if anyone has any.

Thanks

I know from several threads on this forum that some headlights will cause interference with the am/fm radio. I have the JW Speaker and have no issues but seldom listen to the radio. Always listen to a thumb drive or Ipod so I can't count on the radio working where I live. When close to a city I can pick up radio really good but rarely listen to it. Use the search button upper right and do a search.

I have led tail/brakelights installed last year and the rfi is bad,had a jeep that would barely pull a station with lights on.The modules to run the led's will cause interference in signals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77