LED Headlight

Klock

Mar 5, 2018
I was wondering which LED Headlight would he the best functionally. I have looked at several online and on YouTube but I wanted some unbiased real opinions. I have a 2018 Street glide special black.

You might check out the post “Budget Friendly Mods” page 3 talks about “Sunpie LED headlight” with photos and links.

15 SGS Amber Whiskey; ThunderMax tuner; Ceramic True Duel headers; 4.5 inch RC Exhaust slip ons ;LED turn signals/ run lights; passenger backrest; one inch passenger and rider floorboard extensions;stage one air cleaner. 4 point docking system; air wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was wondering which LED Headlight would he the best functionally. I have looked at several online and on YouTube but I wanted some unbiased real opinions. I have a 2018 Street glide special black.

You might also want to consider keeping the stock headlight and replacing the bulbs with the new LED bulbs. They are very economical and bright.

I had the same question. After reading this forum, I decided on the JW Speaker Model 8700 Evolution 2 (ordered it last night!). Yes, there are less expensive options, but I have never read a bad thing about the JW Speakers, they do not have radio interference, and I am willing to spend a little on the headlight.

I don’t ride at night often, but when I do, I do not want there to be any question about my headlight.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075XY82J6/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That’s what I have, it’s great. Only thing I dnt like about the led headlights is they shine soo straight that they don’t really light up the road on tight corners. Chris

Has anyone compared the Sunpie to the HD Daymaker and or JW Speaker? Also what is the overall quality of the Sunpie? Can anyone dig up the HD part number for the needed harness? Lastly has anyone had radio interference with a sunpie while running aftermarket amp/speakers. as always appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:
I have the custom dynamics lights work great

Ditto! When you turn on the hibeam, the low beam stays on unlike the Daymaker from HD whereas the Daymaker lowbeam goes out when Hibeam is on. Plus the Custom Dynamics model I have has the 360 LED ring which is always on.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Halo copy.jpg
    Halo copy.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 0
Looking for a budget upgrade possibly using the Sunpie. Curious if anyone using one has experienced radio interference?

JW Speaker Evo 2 Dual Burn -Ebay $275. Both Hi and low on hi beam. JW Speaker makes the LED headlight for HD. I tried the LED bulbs and they killed radio reception. Save your money and buy the JW Evo 2, you wont be sorry.

Yep. Tried to go cheap with an custom dynamics knock off from amazon and it killed radio reception. Anyone know of an in line filter or something to fix this problem? I found a few products but just wondering if this approach works before I waste more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has anyone compared the Sunpie to the HD Daymaker and or JW Speaker? Also what is the overall quality of the Sunpie? Can anyone dig up the HD part number for the needed harness? Lastly has anyone had radio interference with a sunpie while running aftermarket amp/speakers. as always appreciate the feedback.

I have one and it does render my radio useless

Installed the Sunpiea while back, very pleased with it. Running stock radio, this info makes me concerned about the upgraded radio interference since that was on my short list.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HogWorkz Halo Makers. They're bright as hell, they have the halo ring which lights up everything around you, there's no radio interference, simple plug and play installation and my headlight and auxilliary passing lamps cost less than a Daymaker 7. I've been running them a little over a year now and couldn't be more pleased.

Looking for a budget upgrade possibly using the Sunpie. Curious if anyone using one has experienced radio interference?

I've been using my Sunpie for well over a year and have had zero radio interference with mine. Bets $60 I've spent on the bike and I ride a lot at night.

That’s what I have, it’s great. Only thing I dnt like about the led headlights is they shine soo straight that they don’t really light up the road on tight corners. Chris

What he said. I reviewed several and physically rode different bikes with different lights. I picked the JW for my 14 SGS. the cut off in turns was so bad I added the passing lights and again JW lamps. that made everything awesome!!

Now on my 17 SGSE it had the Harley Lamp, but still a drastic cut off, so I put the passing lights on it. The JW lamps in the passing, match the brightness and color exactly but again, fixed the cut off issue.

I got a Speed Demon headlight. Looks pretty good. I have no idea what it is like on the road because I haven't even drove my bike home from the dealership yet as the weather is ****. Come on Spring!!

Is the sun pie reliable? I don’t care about radio reception as I don’t have an antenna hooked up anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller