Left hand turn grind

RuknRole

Aug 23, 2016
Something is grinding when I make a 90 degree left hand turn at speed. I'm not leaning crazy or anything like that. I haven't had the chance to have someone hold the bike straight so i can look for a grind spot. Is it the kickstand? Is this something that is normal on street glides? It feels like I have to take geriatric left turns!

My 2015 SGS at 13,500 miles does it mainly on left turns over 40 MPH. I believe posts on new tires indicate this noise goes away for some. My rear shows 5/32 tread depth in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have noticed the same thing it sounds like the Jiffy stand scraping, thought it was just me.:confused:

How fast? Are you in a curve or turn? Bearings?

2014 Switchback
2014 SGS
It happens in a turn, for example when turning left at a light. I'm guessing the speed is 15 to 20. It's definitely metal touching. I thought it was the floorboard bracket at first but don't see any scraping on it. This is a brand new bike with 450 miles on it.

Last edited:
Sounds like the tab on the jiffy stand... check it for light scuff marks... I drag it, and both floorboards....lol!

You must have owned a crotch rocket before and like to lean er out...LOL! Me too....

Sounds like the tab on the jiffy stand... check it for light scuff marks... I drag it, and both floorboards....lol!

You must have owned a crotch rocket before and like to lean er out...LOL! Me too....
Thanks! Yes I think it was the tab on the kickstand. The angle was forward towards the floor. I bent it back away from the ground and I think that did the trick. I'll find out when I turn not thinking about it.

I come from the sports bike world but had a Dyna Fat Bob before the Glide.I used to scrape the tailpipe on right turns on that one but I used to lean it pretty hard.

The glide I'm taking it pretty easy.

I use to ride sport bikes too. My jiffy stand tab is almost square now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith