Living Dangerously?

B

Bones

There is a list of traditional gifts for each year of marriage. The third year of marriage calls for Leather. So, I gave my wife a leather sling attached to a new Marlin Model 60 rifle. In June we will celebrate our tenth anniversary and the suggested gift is Tin/Aluminum. I am thinking of giving her a new scope for the Marlin. What do you think? Am I inviting trouble? She is not a gun fan......not opposed to them, just not a fan. I got away with buying a new gun on the third year, but a new scope might be pushing it a little too far. Hey, maybe a new scope and a tin of chocolate......?

If she's not really a fan, I would say you are pushing it. How often has she fired that rifle? If she uses it, then a scope might be ok. I think you know the answer...
How about a class and pistol for concealed carry? A sig p series with alloy construction would be pretty nice and would keep with your theme. There are other brands that offer alloy frames, too.
Guns and scopes would be safe gifts in my house though.

Here are a couple of replies I got from another forum:

Yep, you are living on the edge. Good luck!
Maybe you should pick up a little something for yourself made of Kevlar.
Just in case she decides that the tenth anniversary is lead.

And maybe a big box of beer in aluminum cans to drown your sorrows in the aftermath!

Here are a couple of replies I got from another forum:

Yep, you are living on the edge. Good luck!
Maybe you should pick up a little something for yourself made of Kevlar.
Just in case she decides that the tenth anniversary is lead.

And maybe a big box of beer in aluminum cans to drown your sorrows in the aftermath!

Hah!....those are pretty good reply's, especially the Kevlar....but if you do get her the scope, just don't be goofy and line the eye-piece with shoe polish...THAT would be going too far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90