Locking gas cap??

Clayglide

Feb 17, 2017
Anyone using a locking gas cap? I have the locking door, but that can be opened with any Harley barrel key! I see a few on the web, but not sure if they will fit the street glide por just exterior fuel caps. Any thoughts?? Thanks!

In all my years riding, I have not heard very much about fuel being stolen from a Motorcycle.

Not so much fuel stolen as the concern of a malicious a-hole putting a foreign substance in the gas tank. Truthfully though, I have not heard of anything like that in a very long time either. However, because it’s not too likely to be done by another Harley rider (more likely some kid) I have the locking fuel door. I only lock it when I’m in an unfamiliar area.

I had one on my 2011 SG and it was a PITA. I left home many times not thinking about fuel and of course forgot the key. Have to turn around and go back immediately. New SGS doedn't have one and I like it much better.

Anyone using a locking gas cap? I have the locking door, but that can be opened with any Harley barrel key! I see a few on the web, but not sure if they will fit the street glide por just exterior fuel caps. Any thoughts?? Thanks!
Why should Harley include something that is actually convenient and desirable on the bike when they can force you to buy something else if you want something better? They couldn’t even give us a quality gas cap judging by the recall. The “one finger” opener would be a lot more impressive if that’s all you had to do.

I recently purchased the "locking" kit for my bike, and the installation instructions direct me to replace the Hinge Mounting Clip. I'm curious why I would need to replace this since the locking mechanism is the only thing doesn't seem to rely on it.

Just upon visual inspection, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference, if any at all, between the stock clip and the one included with the new lock.

Any ideas?

They throw in a few extra bits to justify the price.....when they came stock with the lock we all went and bought the push button. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith