Long trip planned

Simpleman

Feb 3, 2015
Hello all,

A couple of friends and myself are going to Sturgis in August. This will be around a thousand mile round trip for me and I need some advice. At one point I saw a list of items that some members carry in a kit for emergencies but I cant seem to find it again. For instance what are some tools that are good to carry? extra fluids?

Any other advice for this trip?

Thank you

Hello all,

A couple of friends and myself are going to Sturgis in August. This will be around a thousand mile round trip for me and I need some advice. At one point I saw a list of items that some members carry in a kit for emergencies but I cant seem to find it again. For instance what are some tools that are good to carry? extra fluids?

Any other advice for this trip?

Thank you

Going to Sturgis also and have been many times in the past. It's about 530 miles one way from my house.
I usually bring a length of parachute chord as a tow rope, an Oklahoma credit card (siphon hose), screw drivers, one each of fold out Torx, and Allen (metric & standard), Pliers, wrenches, and a small adjustable wrench. I have never brought fluids on any trip and have never needed any. In addition to tools a first aid kit is handy

Have fun

Blues

Zip ties and a roll of Miracle or Super Tape but mostly a cell phone and credit card.

I also carry a portable tire compressor with plugs, just in case I pick up a nail 100 miles (or more) from the nearest dealer...And lots of water, in addition to all the above.

I also carry a portable tire compressor with plugs, just in case I pick up a nail 100 miles (or more) from the nearest dealer...And lots of water, in addition to all the above.

Aviator5456- I swapped the portable tire compressor for a Co2 cartridge system for inflation along with a plug kit.

Aviator5456- I swapped the portable tire compressor for a Co2 cartridge system for inflation along with a plug kit.

Ahhh....good idea...but since I had one, I carry it....just in case I get two nails I suppose, lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469