Louder horn options

GreetSlide808

Feb 11, 2014
Just to throw it out there, the 2014 SG stock horns are super loud. So that should be seriously considered , especially if you want the stock look and plug and play installation. I about gave me friend a heart attack when I honked my horn at him. He told me I changed it to an air horn but I told him I didn't and it was stock. He still doesn't believe me.

I accidentally hit the horn on the night I rode her home for the first time because I was looking for the high beams. I couldn't believe how loud the horn was/is. Almost threw me off the bike, I jumped so high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I accidentally hit the horn on the night I rode her home for the first time because I was looking for the high beams. I couldn't believe how loud the horn was/is. Almost threw me off the bike, I jumped so high.

Second that

What did you say?

I couldn't hear you out of my left ear.

I kill me.

Lol perry that was good. Now I need to go honk my horn to see how loud it is I have never done it lol

It's a new Roots WindTone Horn made in India.

Per H-D:

Get Noticed! Ride with increased confidence with a loud horn that will grab everyone's attention.
Engineered to be 5 dB louder (at 2 meters) than the '13-earlier Original Equipment side-mounted horn.
Designed to be a plug-in replacement that is easy to install
Horn is stock on '14 models equipped with side-mount horns
Fits with all H-D® side mount horn covers

Roughly speaking 5 dB louder means the new horn will be as loud as the old horn at almost twice the distance (6 dB would do that exactly).

Horn.jpg

Doesn't come close to the CD air (electric) horn I installed a few days ago.
Same one that use to be made by pro pad.
Two wires to the horn and one with in line fuse to the battery and done.

Sent from my Street Glide using tapatalk

flatlander, which Mini Beast did you choose? Custom Dynamics has many good options.

Thanks. I want more sound as well but like you it has to meet other criteria. The pics were great. My SG is black like yours. They sure look good when clean so it keeps us busy.

I went with the Rivco magnum electric horn set. Its two horns that mount between the saddle bags and rear tire (one on each side). I got the electric horn mounting hardware kit for the touring models. You can just run the two horns or with the wiring harness plug into the factory horn and run the three horns together. I am using all 3, and it gets every ones attention !! Very easy to install, and done in 20 to 30 minutes.

I actually honked at a car sitting at a green light and it started moving....makes me wonder if it really was my LOUD horn or just dumb luck.....:confused:

The problem I have with the stock horn is it fills up full of water when I ride in the rain. I have had to empty it out 3 times.

Sent from the mobile leash

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067