Low & high beam on together

Custom Dynamics instructions and web page say it can without a separate harness.

Maybe with a headlamp designed for it. The stock head lamp (incandescent) would overheat. LEDs might not like it either unless they are designed to dissipate the extra heat.

Buckshot- I have the Custom Dynamic Halo headlight. Hi & Lo & Halo all on at same time when switched to bright using only the stock OEM HD H-4 harness

I just installed the CD True Beam. I think if this is possible, it would help tremendously. Gonna call the dealer in the morning I guess. Although, they haven't always been forthcoming with all the possibilities.

The True Beam won't plug into my stock harness. I have the flat 4. I had to buy the CD adapter #H4-Tour-Adapter that goes from my flat 4 to the 3 spade style.

The True Beam won't plug into my stock harness. I have the flat 4. I had to buy the CD adapter #H4-Tour-Adapter that goes from my flat 4 to the 3 spade style.

Correct, the adapter cable is required. It has a side pigtail that the Halo lead plugs into.

I all ready stated that I bought the pigtail. The headlight is in my bike and working.
It just doesn't have the low beam staying on with the high beam like they say the Rushmores will. This is what I'm asking about. Does it have to be programmed or should it be automatic. The OEM Daymaker did not.

Last edited:
I all ready stated that I bought the pigtail. The headlight is in my bike and working.
It just doesn't have the low beam staying on with the high beam like they say the Rushmores will. This is what I'm asking about. Does it have to be programmed or should it be automatic. The OEM Daymaker did not.

Maybe you need this adapter. By "Rushmore Headlamp" maybe they mean a factory LED lamp?

Hi-Lo.jpg

Lol. I guess at this point I have no idea.
Thanks, though.
I'll call CD on Monday and call the dealer today.

Maybe with a headlamp designed for it. The stock head lamp (incandescent) would overheat. LEDs might not like it either unless they are designed to dissipate the extra heat.

Hey Hulkss - I ordered an LED headlight and waiting for it to arrive, and happened to see this thread. I checked my stock headlight and the low beam actually does stay on when high beam is on. Any thoughts? Reading this thread, not sure which way is actually correct, and having a hard time understanding why there seems to be no consistency from the factory. (?)

Called 2 dealers here. Both said the low beam should not be on when the high beam is on with the Daymaker. Now maybe it depends if you have the dual halogen or the led.
Obviously, my Ultra had the Daymaker led.
Custom Dynamics instructions that come with their True Beam and their tech support tell me the low beam should be on.
This shouldn't be this difficult to pin down.

buckshot85- you ARE correct. With the Daymaker from Harley and their pigtail, low beam goes off when Hi beam is on.
With the Custom Dynamics Halo light and the Harley pigtail, Low beam stays ON when Hi beam applied.

I installed the True Beam with halo on my 15 Ltd. with the CD pigtail adapter harness. Low beam still is not on with high. CD says the Rushmore bikes are set up to do this and no "special adapter" is needed. The adapter I bought from them simply adapts the flat 4 plugs to the triangle 3 prong type.

Hmmm, I can post a short vid to my Drop box if you need to see it work.
As I mentioned, I used the regular Harley pigtail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuffy 53