LRS Mega Recurve

Tugboat

Aug 10, 2017
I’m thinking about getting the LRS Mega Recurve but can’t find anything on this forum or online in general. Does anyone have the mega curve? What do you think? Should I go with the normal recurve instead. What’s the difference? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know anything about the mega - recurve, but I have the 7” Ultra Elite Recurve and I’m very happy with it. Great quality, fit perfectly, really improves the “pocket” (along with the funds and triple tree deflector) and if you buy when they have a sale the prices are silly low.

Alright. Yeah I have the fangs and it made a huge difference. Right now I have a wind splitter on it. Not sure what size but it puts the wind right where my glasses and ears are. LRS is having a sale right now just not sure if the mega is worth it. I think I’ll just go with the ultra elite. From what I read here pretty much everyone that has one loves it.

Sorry haven't tried the mega curve. It's pretty new I think. I had their more standard recurve and really liked it but I'm rocking a flat top and I love it. It's like being in a convertible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was thinking about the flat top I just like the way the recurve looks better. What makes you like the flat top so much?

With the regular styled shields, I'd get a lot of wind slapping my ears. The flat top has completely eliminated that. It makes wearing a half helmet or no helmet much better.

I have the elite ultra and a regular recurve in a 10" and a 12" size. Great windshields! There was a super discount going when I bought mine! I only paid $27 for one of them!!

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I’m going to try the mega curve. Hopefully it’s the best of both worlds. They say it throws the wind higher than the normal recurve. I’m just going to have to wait a few months. Just bought a sundowner seat with the money I had set aside for the windshield.

Yeah they just ended a sale that was up to 66% off. Just couldn’t pull the trigger. It was either a shield or a seat. Couldn’t pass up the deal on the sundowner I’m getting.

Well LRS literally runs these sales 2-3 times a year. If you can, wait till they go back on sale. I found the sundowner a pretty comfy seat (just didn't like how curved the rear was, but I opened mine up and squared up the seat pocket) and I think it sat slightly lower than my current Mustang.

Yeah I just picked the sundowner up. Definitely bulkier than stock. Excited to put it on the bike and feel the difference. I just don’t know if I can stand the difference in looks. Ill keep looking for the next time LRS does a good sale like what just ended. If I can get a shield for more than half off it’s hard justifying paying full price. I actually just got the stock windshield for it. Going to try that out. I have one of the windsplitters on now. Just ends up putting all the wind right at my eyes and ears. I don’t mind it when I’m wearing a full face but it drives me nuts when I’m just wearing sunglasses. Maybe getting more wind on all of my face will be better for now.

I have the Sundowner 52000128 model and it definitely moved me a little up and forward compared to the stock seat. I had the 7" HD windsplitter and the wind was hitting me pretty good in the face after the Sundowner seat went on (no wind problems when the stock seat and windsplitter were the combo) I ended up getting a 9" LRS recurve and it fixed all of my wind in the face problems that the Sundowner switch created.

I have the Sundowner 52000128 model and it definitely moved me a little up and forward compared to the stock seat. I had the 7" HD windsplitter and the wind was hitting me pretty good in the face after the Sundowner seat went on (no wind problems when the stock seat and windsplitter were the combo) I ended up getting a 9" LRS recurve and it fixed all of my wind in the face problems that the Sundowner switch created.
My Ultra seat also moved me up and forward a bit...my buffeting woes were cured with the Kuryakyn Triple Tree, fangs and 8” LRS Ultra Wide

Got the sundowner. Love the seat. Hate the look. But now I’m just debating on going with the 8” or 9” mega curve. They still are having a sale on the mega. When I did the measuring like LRS says I’m right at 8” when relaxed.

Got the sundowner. Love the seat. Hate the look. But now I’m just debating on going with the 8” or 9” mega curve. They still are having a sale on the mega. When I did the measuring like LRS says I’m right at 8” when relaxed.
Use whatever windshield you currently have on the bike as a gauge.
Is your current windshield at a correct height while using the new seat? If it's too low tape a piece of cardboard onto the top to see how much extra you need, if it's too low place a piece of painters tape onto the windshield to gauge where you would want the height to be.
Measure from the top of the middle mounting screw to the top of the windshield for an exact ordering height.
I use an 8" from LRS to see over while comfortably seated on my Hammock seat but can use a 9" if going on a trip for a little extra coverage, especially while using some sort of seat pad.

I sent you a PM bro.

The windshield I have currently is the Windsplitter 7”. It’s pretty low. It seems like it comes back more than up compared to pictures of the LRS shields. I ended up ordering the mega curve in 8”. If it’s too short or I don’t like the looks I guess I’ll be able to send it back and just get an ultra in the right size. I appreciate all the info guys. I’ll let you know what I think when the new shield gets in.

Still waiting for the mega curve to ship... It’s finally decent weather here in northwest Indiana. It’s killing me not having the new shield. I guess I will just live with the stock shield for now. I took the 7” Windsplitter off and put the stock back on. I actually think the stock shield does a better job with making the air more consistent coming over top.

Still waiting for the mega curve to ship... It’s finally decent weather here in northwest Indiana. It’s killing me not having the new shield. I guess I will just live with the stock shield for now. I took the 7” Windsplitter off and put the stock back on. I actually think the stock shield does a better job with making the air more consistent coming over top.

I have a LRS 7” Ultra Wide with light tint that fits 2014-Later still NIB that is available for $50 shipped...Works very well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77