LRS Ultra 7"

Fluffy

Jul 4, 2014
OK so like the title says I just ordered the LRS 7" Ultra shield for my New 14SGS in Dark smoke . It took me a while to make up my mind what shield to get there are quite a few different shields to choose from out there ! This Bike being my first Touring bike I've been riding a Sportster for years with no windshield so Im new to this whole fairing and windshield thing I'm used to getting pounded by the wind. My biggest reason for swapping out the windshield is so I can hear the Stereo sys better at hwy speeds I did not know a windshield would make a difference in that respect until I started reading about windshields in this section so I guess you learn something new everyday :)

Last edited:
Post pics when you get it....

I run the 7" Windsplitter and made a big difference. The last thing I got was Fork Deflectors ( Fork Fangs) to try to get the wind stopped that comes around the tank up into your face. I was skeptical at first, but I can't believe the difference! As far as wind noise and buffeting, these were the two most essential pieces I installed... shield and fork fangs....

Yea I was looking at those fork Deflectors also but I just can't convince myself to install Fork Fangs on my bike just yet I may change my mind down the road

It only took me 5 months and reading the thread here and how good they work to buy them... I don't know why I waited so long...lol!

They are ugly (to me) but they DO work. I've had them on my last 4 bikes.

Well my new windshield got delivered yesterday so I got it installed I did not take the bike out for a ride yet will be doing that this morning so I will post some feed-back on how I like this shield later today but so far I like the look of this shield and from just sitting on the bike last night I think the 7" height is going to be perfect for me I also added a little chrome Bling trim I picked up off of E-bay. The total cost for the windshield and chrome trim pice was a little less then $180 shipped to my door so not to bad
IMG_0384.jpg

Last edited:
I so I figured I would post an up-date since I have had the new 7" LRS windshield on the bike for a little over a week now and have taken several long day trips on the bike.
OK here go's this windshield is awesome I love it the 7" seems to be a good size for me I'm 6' so I look over top of the shield I could have gone with the 8" and still looked over the top of the shield but with the recurve the 7" works just fine most of the wind buffeting is gone I'm sure if I added the fairing deflectors it would take care of what the new windshield did not. I can hear the radio now at hwy speeds at only half volume even at 90mph plus This windshield was a nice bang for the buck up-grade here are a few pic's of the bike with the new windshield installed I also added the chrome trim pice when I installed the windshield picked it up off of ebay $40
IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. Your shield looks just like my Clearview and it also doe a great "anti-buffeting" job.

I am 6-1 and went with the 8 inch lrs shield, no complaints at all, i would like to try the klock werks someday but for now the lrs is doing a great job, now if i could just keep my shirt from blowing up without having to tuck it in all the time i would be one happy guy.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

Hi. Is there any trick to switching out the windshield on a 2014 SGS? Is it as easy as removing the 3 screws or does it get complicated at all with the windshield trim, any interior washers, alignment, or any other things?

Hi. Is there any trick to switching out the windshield on a 2014 SGS? Is it as easy as removing the 3 screws or does it get complicated at all with the windshield trim, any interior washers, alignment, or any other things?

Mukluk- Its as easy as removing the three screws and metal trim (If you have it).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith