Memphis Shades Spoiler Windshield Review

twilson616

Sep 23, 2014
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hello all -

Wanted to post a quick review and some pics of the new windshield for anyone who's in the market.

After test riding the 7.5" windsplitter and looking at several others I took a chance and ordered the 6.5" Memphis Shades Spoiler and couldn't be happier. At 5'10, I'm able to look over the shield by a couple of inches and it still does a nice job of getting the air up over the top. Much better than the windsplitter - at least for me. I was never able to find a dealer with klockwerks in stock to demo for my 2014 SGS, so I can't compare the two. I personally prefer the looks of the Memphis Shades shield and like the top 3" being clear.

Only downside is now I realize how much air comes from underneath. Might be looking into fork deflectors I've read so much about. Always seems to be a way to spend more $$$....

twilsons616- Several of us added the Fork deflectors and I also added the adjustable fairing wing. as well. Collectively, they all make a difference in the buffeting/

I have the fork deflectors as well and it seem to get rid of all the air coming up from underneath very happy with them

twilsons616- Several of us added the Fork deflectors and I also added the adjustable fairing wing. as well. Collectively, they all make a difference in the buffeting/

Mr. Mojo
I know that we been over this before. Just making sure if you would happen to have the part number on the fork deflectors? I know that i have been told it wont work it might hit the engine guard. In the HD catalog it said it would'nt work on 14's. I think spazz said if installed correctly it would'nt hit. Just double checking before i pull the trigger.

Mr. Mojo
I know that we been over this before. Just making sure if you would happen to have the part number on the fork deflectors? I know that i have been told it wont work it might hit the engine guard. In the HD catalog it said it would'nt work on 14's. I think spazz said if installed correctly it would'nt hit. Just double checking before i pull the trigger.

Bstreetglide- These are the latest fork deflectors from HD. Part #57400146A at $89.95 MSRP. They install with the curved edge OUT so they won't hit the engine guard. I have a 2014 and they work fine.
FWD.png

View attachment 3683View attachment 3684View attachment 3685View attachment 3686

Hello all -

Wanted to post a quick review and some pics of the new windshield for anyone who's in the market.

After test riding the 7.5" windsplitter and looking at several others I took a chance and ordered the 6.5" Memphis Shades Spoiler and couldn't be happier. At 5'10, I'm able to look over the shield by a couple of inches and it still does a nice job of getting the air up over the top. Much better than the windsplitter - at least for me. I was never able to find a dealer with klockwerks in stock to demo for my 2014 SGS, so I can't compare the two. I personally prefer the looks of the Memphis Shades shield and like the top 3" being clear.

Only downside is now I realize how much air comes from underneath. Might be looking into fork deflectors I've read so much about. Always seems to be a way to spend more $$$....

Hi twilson616.
I´m on the way for a Memphis Shades Shield just like yours.
On your last picture I could notice a kind of distortion on the recurve area of the shield.
Is this distortion a big issue? I would apreciate if you could you talk about this.
Thank You!

Hi twilson616.
I´m on the way for a Memphis Shades Shield just like yours.
On your last picture I could notice a kind of distortion on the recurve area of the shield.
Is this distortion a big issue? I would appreciate if you could you talk about this.
Thank You!

LuiBrazil- Don't mean to horn in on your post request but wanted to share my experience. I'm '5"8 and started out with the 10 inch Windsplitter. The distortion in the recurve was exactly in my line of sight. I then swapped for the 7.5 inch and all was well. As you can see below I've since moved to the Clearview recurve (I believe its 8 in.) and really like it the best. Hope this might help in some way.

Memphis shades was on my list to check out when I got my bike. If I remember right when I was checking them out at J&P they were one of the thickest shields on display. Quality looked excellent anyway and I like how it fades to clear.

LuiBrazil- Don't mean to horn in on your post request but wanted to share my experience. I'm '5"8 and started out with the 10 inch Windsplitter. The distortion in the recurve was exactly in my line of sight. I then swapped for the 7.5 inch and all was well. As you can see below I've since moved to the Clearview recurve (I believe its 8 in.) and really like it the best. Hope this might help in some way.
Thank you Mojo.
I now ride with a 5' Freedom shield. It's much better than the the stock one but I feel like I could have even less buffeting. Looking at a Memphis Shades shield, it seems to be wider and more recurved, so I think, would be better in preventing buffeting.
I am 5' 7.75 and my 5' shield is ok to me. My wife will be in Orlando next week and may be I will ask her to bring me two new shields: a 6' Freedom and a 6,5' Memphis Shades. I'm afraid anything taller than this will be in my line of sight.

Last edited:
I went from a 7.5" Windsplitter to the 8.5 Recurve and am much happier, with the clear top band I can see close to the front of the bike, and my normal line of sight is just over the top. I can see sometime in the future the adjustable fairing spoilers and fork fangs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith