Mighty Mite install

BlkDragon

Jul 20, 2015
I just wanted to share this with everyone so no one else has to go through what I went through with Love Jugs (Hammerhead Engineering)...

I spoke with Steve West (CEO), nice guy, and got some questions answered, decided to go ahead and purchase Mighty Mite, gave him my order, just Mighty Mite and he was to include a chrome grills & 4 pin to 6 pin adapter with my order with 2 days Priority shipping. The next day I received 3 separate emails with tracking #'s that I have 3 packages coming my way. Not sure why so I called and spoke with Steve West, he did not remember what we spoke about and thought he talked me into buying frame mount so he charged me for it and shipped it. He was not sure why 3 different shipments either so I waited for them to arrive. I received them yesterday, open the boxes, found the grills were for Cool Masters and 4 pin to 6 pin adapter was not included. I called him immediately to find out what happened and he kept telling me how easy to install the grills and no one has any issues doing so. I had to stop him and told him if he look at picture of it that I sent to him he'll know what I am saying that wrong grills were shipped to me. He looked and then he told me he'll have to check with the person that shipped it and he'll call me back. I got a call back and he told me the wife of the guy that shipped is the one that made that mistake so when I asked what about the adapter and he said that was another mistake that was made by shipper so he will ship the adapter to me for next week. We talked about having the kit to me by Wednesday before my Las Vegas trip and they totally failed to ship me what is needed to get it installed.

Now the part on installing of Mighty Mite; it is not as they claimed Plug & Play, instructions sheet was not clear and outdated. Frame mount was not designed well, steel straps were too large to fit and hard to position so screw driver will fit to tighten the screws. Since 4 pin to 6 pin adapter was not included I had no choice but to get it working so I ended up cutting the 4 pin connector off and wired directly to the bike. I had this done at a bike shop and they were surprised to what they had to go through after hearing so much hype about this product.

But I got it installed, now I will have to test it on my way to Vegas, also I was told by Steve West (CEO) that if I bought his product first I would not need oil cooler.....and that's not true....at least here in AZ. When I rode home today oil cooler came on so if Mighty Mite actually cool the engine as they claimed oil would not have reach that temp for UltraCool to kick in.

I will report back with my finding on this product when I return from Vegas, so far I am not impress with what I went through but if product perform well as advertised then I am happy.

IMG_2525.jpg
IMG_2527 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that's some big mistakes.... I think the chrome mesh grills for the mighty mites would look good. I'm thinking about the same color combo. How's the air flow behind the fans? What kind of oil cooler do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Air flow is strong, I will know more the next couple of days how this product keep the bike cool or not.......

I have UltraCool oil cooler, works very well.....with Mighty Mite I am sure my bike will stay a bit cooler.

If you decide to buy either UltraCool oil cooler or Mighty Mite, mention my name (Steve) from this Forum, they have referral program....thanks!

Yeah let us know what you think about the fans. I also have UltraCool installed on my 15 SGS. Good investment for West Texas also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got back this afternoon, first I want to say the trip there & back was nice. We visited the memorial spot for those that died last weekend. Extremely sad to see all those names and so many people paying respect. Went by where the concert was held, still has the place blocked off with law enforcement still investigating. Also saw 2 windows boarded up on 32nd floor at Mandalay bay hotel, right across from the concert field. I can't understand this madness and I hope they get to the bottom of this. This is my first year for Vegas bike fest, I am not sure if it's the same every year but I am not impress (though I will be going there again next year), I think Laughlin bike fest is better. Vegas vendors are more spread out, Laughlin vendors are pretty much in the same area.

Mighty Mite works, my bike never went over 255 degree in stop & go traffic in Vegas. Vegas was so packed majority of the Uber drivers will avoid driving on the strip, unlike Taxi drivers and we know why....that's another topic...LOL! However it did not completely remove the heat like they claim on keeping the bike engine cool where you do not need an oil cooler. UltraCool oil cooler came on several times while I am on the freeway and stop & go so with both working my bike was staying cooler than not having them.

For stock 103 I think one can just go with either one depending on where they live, but those with stage 3/4 mods I recommend both. Paying for $79 vibration frame mount kit is worth the money as it helps remove quite a bit of vibration to the Mighty Mite but is it necessary......I can't tell as I never tried it without it. Maybe someone else can clue us in that mounted without frame mount kit.....hulkss..?????

This is strictly my thoughts, I do not regret buying Mighty Mite, it works. However I definitely want to see them redesign the frame mount kit and have different versions (with right connectors) for specific year bikes to avoid extra $25 for an adapter, that to me is B.S.

Maybe someone else can clue us in that mounted without frame mount kit.....hulkss..?????

I have the standard horn bracket mount. I pounded it all the way up and down the AlCan highway to Alaska and back and the fans still are working fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taz107