Milwaukee 8 air cleaner comparison?

tsmith0605

Jan 15, 2017
Struggling to find a/c comparisons. Looking to keep the stock appearance and looking for suggestions. V&H Naked, Screaming Eagle, Fuel Moto....? Just completing my stage 1. (Have V&H OS450 slip-ons, V&H Power Duals and V&H FP3 for fuel mgmt) I'm interested to know what people experienced in terms of install, appearance, noise, heat. .. anything really. Please chime in. TKS!!
9bea06e9eaaa4e6867920cad95dfba86.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You should be able to use the stock cover with the Haley stage 1 or a few of the other manufacturers you mentioned. I'm running the stock cover and prefer the look. There are a bunch of choices out there if you want a different look.

Good luck and let us know what you choose

You should be able to use the stock cover with the Haley stage 1 or a few of the other manufacturers you mentioned. I'm running the stock cover and prefer the look. There are a bunch of choices out there if you want a different look.

Good luck and let us know what you choose
What are you running under the stock cover? Happy with your choice?

Running the Harley stage one upgrade made them install it before I left the dealer new.

I put the screaming eagle on, I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, winter here in Ohio. I’ll find out in Florida in March at Daytona.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went with the SE for the stock look. ordered through Boardtracker. Easy install and works perfectly with the FP3.

20171202_200557685_iOS.jpg

Looks good. Any idea if there are concerns with wet weather riding with the SE?

Almost every one of these high flow intakes are going to have some downside with wet weather regardless of your choice. Guess it would boil down to if it was a shower or a storm you got caught in. Even the stock air filter is exposed. Don't see it being any better, or any worse than the heavy breather posted above, or other offerings for that matter.

I have the SE with hard lowers on my Street Glide. No water or oil seep issues either.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4229.JPG
    IMG_4229.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 0
I have the SE with hard lowers on my Street Glide. No water or oil seep issues either.
attachment.php
Reassuring to hear that. Probably going this route. (Really like the look of the lowers. Someday.... One mod at a time.)

I also like the stock air cleaner cover.I originally went with an Arlen Ness but then switched to a Screamin Eagle and like that much better...

I kept the stock air cleaner. I saw a you tube vid and the guy took another stock air cleaner and removed the screen from it. Then cut out the bottom section of his stock air cleaner and installed the extra screen. I did that and then drilled a bunch of holes in the back and bottom of the housing. Then got a K&N filter, not the wedge shape one that is recommended. The one I got is thicker and has quite a bit more surface area to it(K&N HD1717).Maximum air flow with the stock look. I then added Cobra Neighbor Haters and put new baffles in them, and also addd a FP3. My bike runs great.

Hers the guys vid I watched.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kcyDxJoJI8

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith