Monroe air shocks dumped and tire rubs

Bri

Jul 28, 2016
I have installed air ride Monroe shocks and when dumped the tire rubs the fender. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Could I put a lowering kit on the opposite way and lift it an inch to keep from rubbing. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Are you gonna ride it with the air shocks completely dumped? Mine rides like a road wagon without any air in the shocks! If you're talking about while it's sitting still, why not just keep a little air in it to prevent the fender from rubbing??? Maybe installing a gauge would help????

Just worried if I lost all air while riding it would gut my stretched fender.

Last edited:
Just worried if I lost all air while riding it would gut my stretched fender.

dude, if it lost air and bottomed out, you'd be F**KED. Be like hitting the brakes except your tire is the brake! And yes, depending on how low your shocks go, at the minimum you'd get it hot and burn the paint. U need shocks that are a lil longer or a lock out system that prevents it from going all the way down. Imagine if you lose a compressor, an air line or a valve... how bitchen will your air ride be when you crash it, ruin your paint or can't ride it any further?
Tim

dude, if it lost air and bottomed out, you'd be F**KED. Be like hitting the brakes except your tire is the brake! And yes, depending on how low your shocks go, at the minimum you'd get it hot and burn the paint. U need shocks that are a lil longer or a lock out system that prevents it from going all the way down. Imagine if you lose a compressor, an air line or a valve... how bitchen will your air ride be when you crash it, ruin your paint or can't ride it any further?
Tim
That sounds expensive just to save money on shocks. You need some better shocks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith