My "Other Bagger" ain't goin' ANYWHERE

GlideLife

Dec 3, 2015
We're' leaving for Daytona Bike Week today at around 5 PM as soon as my riding Buds and their wives get to our house this afternoon. Of course, I'm riding my Street Glide.
But, last night, while we were out in my M/cave as I was changing my fluids, my wife said to me (out of the blue)... "Why don't you sell your other motorcycle... You never ride it anymore, and it just sits there collecting dust" Caught me totally by surprise.
So....
This morning I woke up at 4 AM, got dressed, and pulled my "other bagger" out of my M/cave... went back in the house and told my barely awake wife simply, "I'LL BE BACK". Went out and got on the bike and rode the 195 miles to Daytona Beach (the crowds are already arriving) then over to the middle of the state, then back south thru Orlando & then Sebring to Lake Okeechobee where I ate breakfast (Thanks Mickey D). I averaged 98 MPH on the big loop and at some long stretches on US 27 did 135 MPH (with bags). It was a fun little ride. 532 miles on the trip meter. NO, I AIN'T selling "Candy", I told my wife when I got home.
Here's a pic of my other bagger on the shore of Lake Okeechobee, where I stopped to enjoy a Fast Food breakfast. Fast Food, Fast Bike...It just don't get any better! Candy on shore of Lake O.jpgCandy on Lake O shore.jpg

My SGS is by far my favorite bike of ALL time, Comfortable...Cool...and those tunes...Love to rock & ride, but my 2014 2014 FJR 1300ES (ELECTRONIC servo controlled SUSPENSION) serves another purpose. 0 to 60 in 2.7 seconds with a top speed (GPS verified) of 162 MPH with her flashed ECU. She has YAMAHA's renowned Shaft Drive. She averages around 47 to 50MPG at 70-75 MPH with regular 87 octane (I still put 93o in her). Has digitally adjustable "on the fly" suspension (front & rear). A windscreen that raises & lowers with a push of a button, and two power modes (tour & track) that are handlebar switch adjustable. She's comfortable for all day in the saddle rides *for a Missle Bagger, and gets from A to B real quick.

Even though my SGS rules the man cave & my "riding life", My FJR is a keeper.

Last edited:
Oh no.....that's a totally different riding machine....quiet and have all the comfort. One of my friend has his eyes on one.....he is hoping to get a hold of one before Laughlin River run.....

Definitely keep both......lucky you!

Diffent tools for different jobs. Looks like you have the rpm/mph range covered. Enjoy your babies!

Blues

I have to agree, tools for different needs!! My wife understands so that helps!!

Yep. Thats exactly right. I understand the HardCore thing though. My brother in law has been strictly Harley his whole life. Been riding nothing but H-D since the mid 60's. Hated jap bikes! Never even sat on one. When I bought the FJR in April '14 he stopped speaking to me even though I still owned a Harley Dyna. Then in mid '15 he came to our house for a Bar-B-Q/Pool party. I talked him into getting on it and taking it down the road. Thought he either crashed or got arrested. Gone for almost an hour. Came back with a huge smile on his face & bought a brand new one two weeks after that.

Last edited:
I don't get some people that stuck on one brand. I ride, anything with 2 wheels, I love to ride two wheels......nothing like the feeling of riding 2 wheels. I have never rode a 3 wheels other than a 3 wheel bicycle I bought for my wife....LOL.....so I can't tell you the feeling of one.

The bottom line is anyone that rides 2 wheels is pretty much the same as the next guy with 2 wheels......he/she may have more bling than the rest, if you have the money why not....but just sticking to one brand thing, I don't get!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90