Natchez Trace Parkway?

fishin1789

May 28, 2015
Anyone ever ridden the Natchez Trace Parkway? It runs from south of Nashville, TN. to Natchez. MS. It's about 440 miles of no-trucks and 40-50 mph speed limits. I am planning on taking a few days off around Labor Day and am thinking about riding it south to Natchez and then going over to the Barber Motorsport Museum outside Birmingham and back up I65 toward Kentucky. Anyone have any tips?

Anyone ever ridden the Natchez Trace Parkway? It runs from south of Nashville, TN. to Natchez. MS. It's about 440 miles of no-trucks and 40-50 mph speed limits. I am planning on taking a few days off around Labor Day and am thinking about riding it south to Natchez and then going over to the Barber Motorsport Museum outside Birmingham and back up I65 toward Kentucky. Anyone have any tips?

DO NOT SPEED!!
Otherwise enjoy the ride. It’s peaceful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is basically a straight road with NO elevation changes, curves, or anything challenging. If you enjoy roads like that, it is a decent ride. Although very boring.

It is basically a straight road with NO elevation changes, curves, or anything challenging. If you enjoy roads like that, it is a decent ride. Although very boring.

DITTO- not too exciting on a bike, There re much better rides in the area.

I ride it every other day or so in Jackson, Ms. Beautiful ride! No truck traffic, but if you are riding in the evening,at or after sunset, watch out for the deer! I personally do not ride the trace after sunset for that reason.

I usually ride around 60 with no problem, the LEOs generally will give motorcycles a brake and just flash their lights at you.

I used to have a radar detector on my old bike that was very helpful [emoji3].

Just be aware that because it’s a federal parkway, if you do get a ticket, it’s a federal ticket and will probably around 200.00. I’ve never got a ticket on the parkway, but plenty of friends have.

Just FYI, weapons are now allowed on the parkway in vehicles, They used to not be allowed. Good luck- have fun. It’s always a beautiful peaceful ride !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the info guys! I'm just looking for a nice slow-paced ride to clear the cobwebs! I've heard some good things about the Natchez Trace and can't wait to ride it! I may not ride the whole 440 miles, hope to at least get to Jackson before turning around . Then I am going over to the Barber Motorsport Museum in Alabama for a couple of days. Just looking to get some relaxing miles in before the weather gets cold!

Thanks for the info guys! I'm just looking for a nice slow-paced ride to clear the cobwebs! I've heard some good things about the Natchez Trace and can't wait to ride it! I may not ride the whole 440 miles, hope to at least get to Jackson before turning around . Then I am going over to the Barber Motorsport Museum in Alabama for a couple of days. Just looking to get some relaxing miles in before the weather gets cold!

Look me up! Info sent to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fishin1789- My bad, when I think of good rides-they usually involve twistys, leaning into curves etc. The mood and ride you are describing is perfect for this roadway. Remember the old saying: "Sometimes it takes a full tank of gas (or more) to clear the cobwebs"! :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77