Need some advise

simmons5

Nov 29, 2016
I took the glide out the other day for the first time. The wind noise and buffeting were pretty bad. The wind closed my visor every time I put it up. The wind also drowned out a lot of the radio. I'm 5'7 and have a low rider seat. I would like to retain a stock look on a new windshield. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations ? Thank you in Advance

Look at some of the windshields with a re curve on the top edge and they will kick the wind over your head. I would also look into fork fangs or wind deflectors.

I know people think I'm crazy, but see where your legs are and try closing the knees in. stops buffeting of my head, I'm 6'-3.

I know people think I'm crazy, but see where your legs are and try closing the knees in. stops buffeting of my head, I'm 6'-3.

Fork fangs essentially eliminate this, with the added benefit that you don't feel like a $5 hooker getting her legs spread constantly (by the force of the wind). You can just ride in whatever position feels comfortable.

I took the glide out the other day for the first time. The wind noise and buffeting were pretty bad. The wind closed my visor every time I put it up. The wind also drowned out a lot of the radio. I'm 5'7 and have a low rider seat. I would like to retain a stock look on a new windshield. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations ? Thank you in Advance
Hey I am in Old Bridge and, like you, have the same issues with my new SGS. I am also the same size as you (5'7"). I just put a Clearview Smoked Sport shield on and it helped quite a bit. And it was the right size as it would have been in my line of sight if I got the small. Next up is a Kuryakyn Triple Tree Deflector and hopefully that helps some more with the wind. I also plan to get the Fairing Deflectors eventually. I'm almost finished with my break in. Let me know if you want to see my Clearview and I will meet you sometime. Hope to see you on the road. Bob

I'm about 5'6"-I had Clearview Shields (forum sponsor) make a custom short shield for me because I like to look over the shield but it just didn't quite eliminate the buffeting. I added the adjustable fairing wings and that helped more. I then bought the shortest Klock Werks shield and it made a huge difference for me. The problem is that everyone's posture is different, everyone has different expectations, etc. I know some people have had great luck with Clearview and think Klock Werks is a ripoff, but it was the right combo for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my stock windshield came dented, so the dealer agreed to change it for me under warranty. Since they were priced the same, I had him bring to me a 7" windshield. this coupled with fork fangs solved the wind problem for me, almost completely. I'm 5'9"

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI NXT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

Definitely try the Long Ride Shields ... I'm 6'3" and the stock shield was unridable, the 7" HD shield wasn't much better, I now have a Long Ride Shield with re-curve. While mine is 9" you wouldn't need one that high ... visit their website and have someone assist you in measuring according to their instructions ... it makes sure you buy the right one.

IMG_1613.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about 5'6"-I had Clearview Shields (forum sponsor) make a custom short shield for me because I like to look over the shield but it just didn't quite eliminate the buffeting. I added the adjustable fairing wings and that helped more. I then bought the shortest Klock Werks shield and it made a huge difference for me. The problem is that everyone's posture is different, everyone has different expectations, etc. I know some people have had great luck with Clearview and think Klock Werks is a ripoff, but it was the right combo for me.

I already have a pretty decent collection of shields for my '17, I'm about 5'8" sitting on a LePera Maverick. I have found around 7" to be the right shield height for me, also found that a 6.5" Klock Werks flare works just about as well as anything else that I've tried. I currently run a 7" Windvest. LRS is the bang for the buck champ for sure... like I, and others have said- it's a good place to start.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469