need some help chubby wild ones fairing won't seat

iron mule

Mar 11, 2017
hey guys
tried to install a set of cubby 1 1/4 wild ones 10 inch rise on a 2016
today
all went well till we tried to put the fairing back on
the bottom of the fairing touches the bars and will not let it go down all the way to replace the bolts
has any one had this trouble if so what did you do to correct it

also my friend was helping and on the tbw there are two sets of wires we can only find one plug
the smaller plug coming out of the wires cannot find where to plug it in
thanks mule 1 1/4

problem solved
the diameter of the bar was causing the bottom of the fairing to touch the bars
trimmed about an eighth of an inch off and all is well
had to do the same for the ignition switch cover

the wire that was not plugged was never plugged to any thing to begin with
so that was a no issue

all is well now bars installed test ride was all good
mule

How do you like them? Those are the ones I'm looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they are very good changes the whole feel of the bike
I am 5ft 9in tall if that will help you
only put about 50 miles on the bike after adding them today but in that short of distance I could tell the difference from stock bars
better feel and better seat position
mule

I'm 6'1" . I was gonna do 12" but I want to keep hands behind the fairing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes the 10 inchers I put on put my hands about 2 inches above the fairing
some difference in the wind coming thru but not that bad at 70 mph
but I am used to not having anything to block the wind never had a bike with a fairing or windshield before this one
so my opinion about the wind may be suspect
mule

I just installed the Wild 1 Chubby Low Bagger Bars and had the same problem with the fairing. I just had to loosen and re-position the bars lower (towards the seat), then the fairing fit. Also they advertise the stock wiring would work but did not. I had to run up to the Harley dealer and buy a wiring extension kit for $30.

I installed the Kuryakyn Kinetic grips at the same time but the throttle side grip seems loose with about 1/8 play from the end but I think this is normal. Any one else have play with the Kinetic grip?

sbarrale,
I ordered the same bars, will be here Thursday. Tell me more about this wiring extension kit. And do you have pics of the new bars on the bike?

Randy
when I installed to chubby 10 inch wild ones I did not need the extensions
plenty of length on the fbw lines
on the control wires I did have to cut the tie warps and reroute them but had plenty of length after that about 3 inches of slack

forgot who said that they rolled the bars forward to the tank which allowed the fairing to seat
I tried the same but that did not work on mine
I had to trim about an 1/8 of an inch off the corners to get it to seat low enough to fit also had to trim the ignition cover where it goes around the bars on each end
you can not see where it was trimmed even if you know it
mule

Randy
when I installed to chubby 10 inch wild ones I did not need the extensions
plenty of length on the fbw lines
on the control wires I did have to cut the tie warps and reroute them but had plenty of length after that about 3 inches of slack

forgot who said that they rolled the bars forward to the tank which allowed the fairing to seat
I tried the same but that did not work on mine
I had to trim about an 1/8 of an inch off the corners to get it to seat low enough to fit also had to trim the ignition cover where it goes around the bars on each end
you can not see where it was trimmed even if you know it
mule

Thanks!! Hopefully Friday night I'll post some success story pictures. Or I'll be in my garage banging my head on the floor.

Got the Chubby Lows installed today. Definitely not the easiest thing I've ever done, but helped increase my patience. Did have to trim the fairing and ignition cover a little, but it doesn't show. The riding position seems to be much more comfortable on my short test ride.

Thanks Mule for the help!!

image.jpg
image.jpg

hey randy
was checking to see how it went for you
seems that you completed the task ok
yes I like mine a lot better than the stock bars
they let you sit in a more comfortable position and not have to lean forward
you are welcome any time you need give me a shout you have my contact info
take care enjoy the new bars

hey just looked at the pics looks nice
same as mine except I removed the fairing mirrors and put some on the bars
if you check kustom cycles they have some neat little plugs to cover the holes up where the stock mirrors were cost 14.99 shipped very easy to install
mule

Thanks Mule. Definitely gonna have to add/move the mirrors. I can't see much now, except my knuckles.
Rode farther today, MUCH more comfortable!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469