New 18 SG

I'll jump up on the stump first . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The 2018's are about as exciting as getting a Root Canal :(
The 2018 SG CVO is NOT even Twin cooled!
Same old out dated Boombox- NO IMPROVEMENTS!
The Tattoo graphics are hideous.
The color choices for the Special are dismal and few.
Biggest changes are the prices went up.

I'm really confused as to how Harley thinks they will attract younger buyers when the few attractive products/options offered for 2018 are so expensive! HOWEVER- They did overhaul the non touring line up but look at those prices!
Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ICmZH0huk

The 2018's are about as exciting as getting a Root Canal :(

Most are grey and black,in the streetglide CVOs. If fact they have 2 grey colors of each model in the
cvo's. Who picked these colors?? the 2017 streetglide CVOs looked a look a lot better. There goes my idea of getting a 2018!

I' m glad I scarfed up our 2014 Street glide special in Denim black..Really like the wheels and paint vs the newer Cali wheels lower profile tires, I do like the 2018 CVO Seat .
Out of the entire new 2018 line up, The Drag bar Street Bobs wins out for me the new look is bad arse street fun ready. The fenders a little short.
This bike might appeal to the younger crowds.

Last edited:
2018 red stitching cvo seat

2018 red stitching cvo seat

Will the New 2018 CVO red stitching seat fit my 2014 special ?? My wife really likes this one.

I' m glad I scarfed up our 2014 Street glide special in Denim black..Really like the wheels and paint vs the newer Cali wheels lower profile tires, I do like the 2018 CVO Seat .
Out of the entire new 2018 line up, The Drag bar Street Bobs wins out for me the new look is bad arse street fun ready. The fenders a little short.
This bike might appeal to the younger crowds.
Hey I'm not that young and I want one!
My 17 FLHX is one of the funnest bikes I've owned.
I can only imagine what a beast this new Fatbob would be with the 114ci.
And it's 150lbs lighter! Oh man...
Course I'm partial to Fatbobs anyway...

I'm happy to see the mono shock finally make it to Harley. This means it's just around the corner on the touring bikes. I'll keep my 12 until the frame change. I'm also betting the 114 will become the standard touring engine very soon.

Anybody notice that the saddlebags on the SGS are stretched? I almost missed it in the still pictures.

I think the new fat bob is the best of the 2018 line up but Harley really needs to include tpms as a standard feature on all models. my 2 cents.

I see you can get all the things the 17 SG Special had onto the base Street Glide but don't know if the price would be about the same. Now the 18' Special is blacked out with a much higher price tag. Not a fan of blacked out motors and pipes but do like the stretched out bags. It will be nice once the mono shock comes to the Touring bikes. These prices are climbing high. Pretty soon only a select amount of people will be able to afford them. My 17 Street Glide Special i got a a decent discount. Only a little more than the standard Street Glide. This will probably be my last bike i'll buy.

Hey I'm not that young and I want one!
My 17 FLHX is one of the funnest bikes I've owned.
I can only imagine what a beast this new Fatbob would be with the 114ci.
And it's 150lbs lighter! Oh man...
Course I'm partial to Fatbobs anyway...

Frank, Yea I would like to have one of these to. They look fast for sure.

At these prices, I feel the old school bikes will be making a come back. My friend that I bought my 2014 Special from has plans to buy a new CVO when he retires from Afghanistan in a few years, This is the first time in his adult life he's not had a Harley. He wants a new CVO in a few years .. Gonna be 50K by then..wow

I really like this one.. Is it me or did they place gauges more in line and a taller view.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77