New 2015 CVO SG Can't Find iPod

Rocky51

Dec 14, 2014
Yesterday traded my 2014 SG Special for a 2015 CVO. Ultraviolet/Molten Lava color is just stunning. This is my 7th Harley, and ultimately the best so far. The style, performance and ergonomics are just what I wanted (but I will have to change the exhaust - even with the SE mufflers still not enough bark for me).

However, I do have one complaint. Cannot get the infotainment system to recognize my ipod. Messed with it for over an hour at the dealership yesterday, but did not work. It worked fine on my 2014 SG, but not on the CVO. When I got home I downloaded and installed the latest software from the Harley website, but all it does is constantly report "reading ipod" . When I try to select anything it says media not found. On one attempt I did get it to show the list of music, but when selected it shows the title of the song but does not play. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Update to my previous post. Plugged in a different ipod and it works just fine. Must be something wrong with the first one, although it was the same one I used in the '14 FLHXS without issue.

Rocky51- It could have been the software version in the first iPod or the songs recorded in an earlier format that the Boombox didn't recognize. When Apple very first launched iTunes the songs were encoded at 128kbps, but from 2010 even Apple now use 256kbps. The formats are; MP3 and AAC, glad you got it worked out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77